• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FootBall Manager 2008!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Didnt download th demo as the only computer I have at the moment is pretty slow.

Got bored and downloaded on a whim. Lo and behold, it runs and runs faster than previous versions of the game.

So far Im loving it. They could have done a bit more to add to the game but it is fine.

Currently trying to get Leeds out of the ****. Not sure how giving Hartson 10k a week will help but we will see :laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else finding this tough? Cant just blitz teams like previous versions and Im finding Im having to tweak and concentrate tactically far more at the defensive end than before

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
which is a good thing!
too right it is, i got fed up with the last one, mainly because i won every competition i entered with arsenal in my second season, the only signings of any note being micah richards and igor akinfeev...

cpr

International Coach
Always find the demo's harder than the actual game tbh. Suppose not enough time to get a settled formation and the like. Enjoying it tbh, but then thats not hard, always was gonna be a good game. The skins a shocker, cant wait to ditch that, liking the extra feedback on your own team, will comment on more when i remember them

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Always find the demo's harder than the actual game tbh. Suppose not enough time to get a settled formation and the like. Enjoying it tbh, but then thats not hard, always was gonna be a good game. The skins a shocker, cant wait to ditch that, liking the extra feedback on your own team, will comment on more when i remember them
yer its pretty coiol. i agree!

cpr

International Coach
one thing thats annoyed me about the demo is players fitness seems to be really erratic, can have two games in 4 days and come out smelling of roses, then can have one a week and be down at 85% for the next saturday.

cpr

International Coach
nah, if it was that it'd affect each player in a similar style, far too erratic

cpr

International Coach
Was using the same schedules as from 07, never had these issues there. Generally, on 07, wingers suffered the worst, then strikers, on 08 is seems to be far more random.

Might just be certain players keep on picking up knocks, who knows