• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Flash in the pan' ODI XI draft.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a funky draft here, but what with the next CWC steadily approaching, this could prove exciting. The focus here is on players which might not have had the longest, nor most influential, ODI careers of all time.

The basic idea is to draft the best team eligible within the following parameters:

- Retired (international) players only.
- Must have played at least one ODI match between 1980 - 2018.
- Any players which have made an appearance at more than one ODI World Cup are unavailable. This means available players must have featured at only one ODI World Cup, or have never played in a World Cup.

- RNG draft orders.
- 8 hour time limits.
- Vote at the end.
- More tweaks to the rules to follow, I'm sure.

Anyone wanna give it a crack?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Nine entrants so far, including our very own podcast host! Nice to have you aboard Marco, these things work easily enough.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Okey dokey then, 12 drafters in. I think now is as good a time start as any.

Round 1

randycricfreak
Red Hill
anil1405
Michaelf7777777
trundler
jimmy101
Teuton
morgieb
Samuel_Vimes
Fuller Pilch
mr_mister
quincywagstaff

Round 2

quincywagstaff
mr_mister
Fuller Pilch
Samuel_Vimes
morgieb
Teuton
jimmy101
trundler
Michaelf7777777
anil1405
Red Hill
randycricfreak

Good luck all. Hope I made the rules clear enough for everyone! Just to be clear, any cricketer which featured at two separate World Cup tournaments is unavailable.

8 hour time limits. Randy in the hotseat.