• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Five-Nil, Five-Nil

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wouldn't that start getting confusing - there'd be 3 years then 5 years between series in one of the countries.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There is no reason to change anything, it's traditionally been every 4 fours in each country and for most of that time the smaller gap has been after the series in Australia until in changed in the 1970's. The only problem in recent history is the infrequency with which England look like winning.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stumped said:
AHAHAHAHA!!:laugh: i hope we do win 5-0, i can just imagine enlgand house holds after last ashes and the confidence and the way they would bag the aussies, a 5-0 would shut them up
The England team that won the last Ashes probably would have bagged the Aussies, or at least challenged them a fair bit. It's hard when you lose a world class opener, a world class captain and a potentially world class fast bowler.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The England team that won the last Ashes probably would have bagged the Aussies, or at least challenged them a fair bit. It's hard when you lose a world class opener, a world class captain and a potentially world class fast bowler.

Spot in, just you Aussies wait till 09..........

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally, I could care less about the crims bagging of us. I couldn't feel more depressed about cricket at the moment, their comments are just to be expected tbh, and change my level of misery not one jot.

If your particularly upset about this type of thing, I suggest you don't click on threads entitled "Five-nil, five-nil", or similar.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

The only snag with going down that route is that you run the risk of Australian supporters reminding everyone about Glenn McGrath's injury last year.:mellow:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lillian Thomson said:
The only snag with going down that route is that you run the risk of Australian supporters reminding everyone about Glenn McGrath's injury last year.:mellow:
*cough* One-man team *cough*

Mr Mxyzptlk

dontcloseyoureyes said:
Hahaha, a West Indian calling Australia a one man team? Irony much.
Except one team is on top of the rankings and the other isn't. Contrast much? Or rather, context much?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nnanden said:
West Indies - still a one-man team? Clutching at West Indian straws much.
How is the West Indies relevant to a comment on the Ashes?
For that matter, in what way am I defending the West Indies?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Settle doooown little lady. It`s all tongue in cheek anyhow. A West Indian claiming Australia is a one-man team is a bit rich, that`s it.

Just post the scorecard from our first CT encounter and win the arguement. :p

Legga

Banned
5-0.
England are a leaderless rabble.
They only have one good player and he is South African.
They will put up a fight for a session or two but after that they will collapse as usual.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Legga said:
5-0.
They will put up a fight for a session or two but after that they will collapse as usual.

Jealous??

Andrew Symonds is English, if by you mean being born in a country means they are that nationality.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nnanden said:
A West Indian claiming Australia is a one-man team is a bit rich, that`s it.
I still don't see how a blind man calling another blind man blind is incorrect, simply because the blind man doing the calling is also lame.

I don't think I can state it any simpler tbh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Legga said:
5-0.
Andrew Flintoff > Andrew Symonds and Brett Lee combined.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Funny how all these so called 'fans' (Legga, various BLE clones, sideshowtim), come out and boast when they were winning, but never heard when we won last year, fools.

Josh

International Regular
PhoenixFire said:
Funny how all these so called 'fans' (Legga, various BLE clones, sideshowtim), come out and boast when they were winning, but never heard when we won last year, fools.
Dunno how that's funny; it happens in every sport pretty much.