• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First to score an ODI double century

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Bizarrely, I think an outside bet to do it might be Marcus Trescothick. I remember an 81 off 52 balls he hit against Pakistan a while back which showed that he can be as devastating as anyone when he wants to be - and I can't see Bangladesh having the discipline to expose his second-slip weakness. Maybe next year in that series.

Don

State Vice-Captain
damn u.u beat me to it.yes the great shiv will do it followed by tino breast

Langeveldt

Soutie
What is the highest ODI score at the moment?

I seem to remember Gary Kirsten hitting loads and loads against the UAE in Rawalpindi...

Eclipse

International Debutant
It's going to happen but IMO it wont be Sehwag like so many think.. He does not have the concerntration IMO..

I dont think it will be Sachin ether has not looked like making a huge ODI score for ages now he is just not aggresive enough anymore.

FRAZ

International Captain
Jai Minnows . Minnows are the record making machines and lets see who gets a record against them .......

Deja moo

International Captain
I guess Flintoff if he opens/ comes in within 5 overs...
Sachin.....needs a signature innings before he retires.
Gilchrist

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are certainly plenty less likely than Razzaq.
When you've seen him smash a good attack all over a huge stadium without once looking remotely like getting out, and scoring 75* off 40 balls - not to mention some of the stuff he's done in the last year - you can't help thinking it's remotely possible.
Personally I hope it never happens, but of course it's fairly likely to.
One thing I really hope is that it doesn't happen against a substandard side, because if it does there'll be no end of stuff about a largely irrelevant feat, in a match that happened to be classified as "ODI".