• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

JBH001

International Regular
Gilly gone 149 for him what a knock this has been!

*Standing ovation from me*
A standing ovation from me too.
What a knock from Gilly. Absolutely fantastic!

(You will excuse me though if I am glad he did not get 200)

pup11

International Coach
I have a feeling that batting ain't as easy on this pitch as Gilly made it to look like, its pretty clear that other batsmen are not finding it that easy to play their shots on this pitch.

Matt79

Global Moderator
For all the talk of flat tracks and no movement, no one besides Gilly has looked particularly set or comfortable out there. By their standards, Hayden, Ponting and now Symonds have all looked like its not easy out there...

pasag

RTDAS
A little late, but truly awesome knock from Gilchrist today. He really lifts against Sl in finals and him doing this was so left field. I never expected it in a million years. What a champion and a legend. Only think stopping Australia from victory now is Sanath Jayasuriya.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I have a feeling that batting ain't as easy on this pitch as Gilly made it to look like, its pretty clear that other batsmen are not finding it that easy to play their shots on this pitch.
For all the talk of flat tracks and no movement, no one besides Gilly has looked particularly set or comfortable out there. By their standards, Hayden, Ponting and now Symonds have all looked like its not easy out there...
*snap*

LA ICE-E

State Captain
you think they can contain the aussie to 250? probably not but if they dont they dont have a chance in hell to win it. would be the happiest man to be wrong.

Matt79

Global Moderator
A little late, but truly awesome knock from Gilchrist today. He really lifts against Sl in finals and him doing this was so left field. I never expected it in a million years. What a champion and a legend. Only think stopping Australia from victory now is Sanath Jayasuriya.
Sanath to be out for 14 to Bracken tbh... :p

Dydl

International Debutant
Not even 14 would be nice...

Just as I type, Symonds casually walks down and smashes Jayasuriya for four, one bounce. Effortless.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Symonds hit that last ball with the back of the bat unless my sleep deprived eyes deceived me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Even though he's thrown the bowl for the last 15 years and claimed a catch that he knew he had dropped and had to pick up on the bounce from the ground to get Oram out and destroy NZ's hopes of winning the WC? Cheating little monkey!
Kiss my entire white skinny ass! And get to grips with cricket. Murali is a cheating little bastard!
Murali, cheating little ****er! He should never have claimed that catch off Oram.
I actually said scumbag, not monkey, someone has edited my text there
ok Barney Rubble, I'll take it on the chin but it was not meant to come across like that tbh...more "cheeky" monkey than anything to do with skin colour

Oh ok, first you make a racist remark, then you deny you made it, then you accept you made it and say it wasn't meant as such.

I have never been tempted to put anyone on my ignore list, but you're coming awfully close.