• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Slight advantage to Australia given they batting first, and both teams have their keeper in the top order, and neither has been in great form with the bat. Sanga will only get ten minutes for change of innings after keeping, and however long the first wicket lasts for. If one of the openers is knocked over early, he'll be out to bat very soon after finishing keeping. Same would have been true if Australia were batting second for Gilchrist, only he'd open, so its a good thing (albeit likely a slight thing) for Australia.

JBH001

International Regular
Australia IMO. Their lower middle order of Symonds, Hussey and Watson is more explosive.

Agreed. Also, Australian top and middle order takes less time to get set imo, and the reduction of overs favours Australia too, because they can eliminate, or reduce rather, the impact of a 5th bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agreed. Also, Australian top and middle order takes less time to get set imo, and the reduction of overs favours Australia too, because they can eliminate, or reduce rather, the impact of a 5th bowler.
On the second point, Sri Lanka can reduce the impact of Fernando now as well. I reckon Watson is a better bowler than Fernando 90% of the time, so that favours Sri Lanka IMO.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not Watto!!!

Although, if the ground is still wet by then, Hogg might be the one to miss out.

38 overs equals 8 overs maximum for three bowlers and 2x7 overs for four and five presumably...

JBH001

International Regular
On the second point, Sri Lanka can reduce the impact of Fernando now as well. I reckon Watson is a better bowler than Fernando 90% of the time, so that favours Sri Lanka IMO.

Yeah, fair point. Though I see it as 3 quality bowlers for SL and 4 quality bowlers for Australia - therefore favouring Australia. Anyway, looks like its game on!!! :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prince EWS said:
Taking any notice of your posts regarding Watson would make as much sense as asking Fiery to write Murali's profile blurb.
DIzzy#4 said:
Fernando can bowl and BAT better then Watson! That's what I was meant to say!
Thanks for proving my point. :)