• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FIFA 06 vs Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Which of these latest Soccer games is better in your opinion?

• Pro Evolution Soccer 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIFA Soccer 2005

• Other (please mention in your post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Shoaib said:
EA Sports have claimed that FIFA 06:Road to the World Cup on XBOX 360 will be the best soccer game ever.Does anyone know that when will they stop lying to their consumers/other soccer fans?
Anyone who's ever played Pro Evo never goes back to FIFA. The only people who buy that game will be 11 year olds who don't know what Pro Evo is because the XBOX 360 is their first console.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright, couldn't be bothered starting a new thread for this.

Haven't bought a football game for a console in yonks, wondering what everyone's thoughts are on whether to get the new FIFA09 or to get PES 2009? Most previews I've read seem to think it'll be neck and neck between them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Played Fifa 09 in HMV the other day, much improved from what Fifa usually delivers tbh, best Fifa I have played since the days of 97-98 for mine, that said, i'm more of a pro evo guy, and not sure how much of a step up it will be from previous versions, so unless it's much improved I'll probably not buy either.

duffer

sledger said:
Played Fifa 09 in HMV the other day, much improved from what Fifa usually delivers tbh, best Fifa I have played since the days of 97-98 for mine, that said, i'm more of a pro evo guy, and not sure how much of a step up it will be from previous versions, so unless it's much improved I'll probably not buy either.
Yeah but buying neither isn't an option for mine. Can't have a 360 and no football game to go with it(I have Madden 09 but I mean real football).

Like you I was always a fan of how Konami puts their football games together but everyone's been telling me it's gotten too arcadish and FIFA is now the more realistic football game out there. So still undecided, although from the screenshots they both look visually stunning.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah but buying neither isn't an option for mine. Can't have a 360 and no football game to go with it(I have Madden 09 but I mean real football).

Like you I was always a fan of how Konami puts their football games together but everyone's been telling me it's gotten too arcadish and FIFA is now the more realistic football game out there. So still undecided, although from the screenshots they both look visually stunning.
I brought both FIFA 08 and PES 08 last year, but still found PES 08 to be better than FIFA 08, but this time around that could change, FIFA has been an improving game very year but on the other hand PES hasn't been able to make a successful transformation on to the next-gen console, personally i don't care much because i would probably buy both the games again, but its getting slightly pointless to buy Pro evo every year as there is hardly anything new or exciting about the game, i hope that's not the case this year.

masterblaster

International Captain
I bought FIFA 09 recently and have been pretty impressed with the gameplay and the features. I've been playing it for a few days now and it has been really enjoyable. That being said, it's unfair how much stick FIFA 06 got in this thread :(

I own FIFA 06 as well and absolutely loved to play it. Was heaps of fun and had a killer in game soundtrack as well. The gameplay of FIFA 06 was pretty good too, don't know why it had so much criticism from people on CW.

If you're thinking about buying FIFA 09, I'd recommend it.

pup11

International Coach
I bought FIFA 09 recently and have been pretty impressed with the gameplay and the features. I've been playing it for a few days now and it has been really enjoyable. That being said, it's unfair how much stick FIFA 06 got in this thread :(

I own FIFA 06 as well and absolutely loved to play it. Was heaps of fun and had a killer in game soundtrack as well. The gameplay of FIFA 06 was pretty good too, don't know why it had so much criticism from people on CW.

If you're thinking about buying FIFA 09, I'd recommend it.
You seem to be a bit of FIFA fan, but tbt Pro evo was light years haead of FIFA 06 in terms of game play, graphics and realism, so you have brought FIFA 09 on PS3 or 360, and are the graphics better than they were in FIFA 08??

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You seem to be a bit of FIFA fan, but tbt Pro evo was light years haead of FIFA 06 in terms of game play, graphics and realism, so you have brought FIFA 09 on PS3 or 360, and are the graphics better than they were in FIFA 08??
Would dispute that tbh, where I agree that pro evo was miles ahead in the other aspects, I have always been of the opinion that Fifa has always had better visuals and allround presentation.

Mister Wright

Hate soccer tbh, but love the FIFA games. Have downloaded the demo of FIFA09 for PS3 and it's really addictive, even with the limited gameplay you get with the demo. When the price drops after the first few months, may even by FIFA09.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was about to challenge how you can like Fifa but not like the sport itself....but then remembered how much I like playing Madden.....

Son Of Coco

I've plaued Fifa06 a bit recently and it's ok but there are a lot of things that annoy me, like the switches between defence close to the box when you have a few players around that results in you inadvertently leading all of the away from the man with the ball. Then again, maybe I'm just ****.

duffer

Got FIFA a week back and am loving it big time. Not a patch on Madden09 or Tiger09 as far as career modes go but no regrets in buying it. Heaps of fun especially with mates.