• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite 3 Sportspeople

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jockey
American footballer
Someone else

My current list would go
Dave Mohammed
Rachel Brown
Dunta Robinson

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stands to reason given the avatar. He supports the Man Utd of Gaelic sport though.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
There are 2 completely different Gaelic games. In football form I do support the Man United equivalent. However in hurling their far far from the best.
The guy I mentioned (Dan Shanahan) is from a different team to the one I support.
Sorry for any confusion :)

Bronte

Cricket Spectator
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the greatest player ever to wear soccer boots,I know he left a lot to be desired OFF the field,but ON the field he was just POETRY IN MOTION.

Georgie Best

John Charles

Mohammed Ali

~DanVettoriFan~

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
They are all 1st equal! and I'm sorry but I can't have just 3. Gotta have four!.

1. Daniel Vettori
2. Tana Umaga
3. Steve Price
4. Hazem El Masri.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
DIMITAR BERBATOV

DIMITAR BERBATOV

DIMITAR BERBATOV

DIMITAR BERBATOV

Excuse me.
Don't want him thank you very much.
Don't need him. We'll take him.
LOL. Citeh nearly did take him and all.

Surprised I never posted in this thread. No surprises here folks:

John Aldridge
Andrew Flintoff
Chris Greenacre

I must say, John King would get in over Greenacre, but as he is my hero for management rather than playing ability I was unsure of his eligibility.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Changed my mind on Berbs, by the time we actually signed him I was indifferent, and his brilliance v Blackburn made me moderately in favour.

Unsure what my list would look like now, though it would definitely still contain Schmeichel and probably Cantona. Vidic possibly in too, has been a favourite of mine since he signed and his attempt to murder Drogba in the European Cup final (which would probably have been successful if unrestrained) was brilliant.

Highest non-United player probably Maurice Volz, because his column in The Times (and to a lesser extent his website) dispels the stereotypes that footballers are thick and Germans have no sense of humour, and highest non-footballer... probably Tuffers or Warne.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I've done this. okay:

All-time

1. Tony Kellow
2. John McEnroe
3. Nick Faldo

Honourable mentions to Trevor Brooking, Viv Richards, Joel Garner, Alex Higgins, Imran Khan, Steve Neville, Zico and lots of others from the eighties. I can't be arsed with other decades, TBH. Unless your talking musically, and then you can practically forget those ten years.

Current:

1. Ryan Harley
2. Andrew Flintoff
3. Joe Cole

Julian87

State Captain
All time

Noa Nadruku
Mark Waugh
Shane Warne
Craig McMillan

Current