• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fair enough Freddy....I eat my words

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
and a 5/25 in one game followed by 3-4 poor games is in no way better than a 3/60 in 6 out of 8 innings or so. because if you look at it carefully, one bowler has been a liability for 3 games despite winning one game while the other has played an important hand towards winning 3 out of 4 games.
I'm not actually comparing him to Harmison... Harmison I think is way too inconsistent right now to be considered among the best bowlers in the world. When you compare him to guys who have actually ripped through sides in the past, it does become a questionmark.

Either way, he's a superb bowler, but I think it would certainly be an improvement if he started taking larger hauls of wickets and finishing teams off from time to time.

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm not actually comparing him to Harmison... Harmison I think is way too inconsistent right now to be considered among the best bowlers in the world. When you compare him to guys who have actually ripped through sides in the past, it does become a questionmark.

Either way, he's a superb bowler, but I think it would certainly be an improvement if he started taking larger hauls of wickets and finishing teams off from time to time.
im not comparing him to harmison either. and yes he would be a better bowler than what he is now if he took more 5 wicket hauls, but to say that he isnt as good as someone who can rip through sides occasionally is wrong.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
flintoff is a top player. easily the best "orthodox" all rounder to have played in my time of watching and following cricket (15 years).

I've heard people say that to be a proper all rounder one part of your game alone should be good enough to get you into the team, but for Flintoff I think it's both. To me the guy's a supreme "natural" athlete who has taken his God given abilities and turned himself into the world's best player.