• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2020 General Discussion

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grealish and Sterling not being in the top 5 is a big red flag. I'm leaning towards them outright thinking they didn't want to be 'that guy' and refusing to take one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You just know his pen would have been great entertainment regardless of whether he scored or missed

Furball

Evil Scotsman
One thing I found really interesting was how weird in hindsight the footage of Sterling scoring against Croatia looks with Wembley a quarter full. Feels like a different world.

nick-o

State 12th Man
What is this? Arsenal have released a statement that reads "Once again, we are sad to have to say we condemn the racism of a number of black players." Surely, that's the opposite of what they want to say?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What is this? Arsenal have released a statement that reads "Once again, we are sad to have to say we condemn the racism of a number of black players." Surely, that's the opposite of what they want to say?
I very much doubt doing the opposite of condemning racism is what they want to do tbh.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Grealish and Sterling not being in the top 5 is a big red flag. I'm leaning towards them outright thinking they didn't want to be 'that guy' and refusing to take one.
When the game went to penalties the camera caught Southgate going up and speaking to Grealish who clearly nodded and gave a thumbs up. Looked for all the world like he was agreeing to take a penalty, which was one of the reasons I was surprised to see Saka step up for penalty five. Maybe he was just asked if he'd be ok to take one if it went to sudden death?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When the game went to penalties the camera caught Southgate going up and speaking to Grealish who clearly nodded and gave a thumbs up. Looked for all the world like he was agreeing to take a penalty, which was one of the reasons I was surprised to see Saka step up for penalty five. Maybe he was just asked if he'd be ok to take one if it went to sudden death?
I can lip read and Southgate said ‘give me a thumbs up if Furball is a ****’

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Racism is a word that can be used in the same way as murder.

If someone said "we condemn the murder of a number of black players" nobody would think they were calling the black players murderers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Racism is a word that can be used in the same way as murder.

If someone said "we condemn the murder of a number of black players" nobody would think they were calling the black players murderers.
I’ve never heard it used that way. I think it’s just been quickly put together. Obviously we know what they mean, and nicko is talking tongue in cheek, but it is ambiguous at best, even if what you say of racism being used as the recipient verb is correct which tbh I don’t think is.