• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket Australia put up a list of Australians playing County Cricket this year.

PlayerCountyCCOne Day CupT20 Blast
Wes AgarKent10 - early season?group stage
Cameron BancroftGloucestershire'most of season'" "" "
Xavier BartlettKent5 (of 7 due to workload) early season?first eight
Scott BolandDurhamend of July?" "
Peter HandscombLeicestershirewhole season" "" "
Aaron HardieSurrey3?group stage
Dan HughesSussex'from beginning of T20 Blast'?" "
Marnus LabuschagneGlamorganwhole season" "" "
Nathan LyonLancashirewhole season" "" "
Nathan McAndrewSussex23group stage
Ben McDermottHampshire00season
Will PucovskiLeicestershire500
Michael NeserHampshireduring T20 Blast stint?8
Daniel SamsEssex0?" "8
Will SutherlandSomerset"start"?group stage
Chris TremainNorthamptonshire40?0

Last edited:

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Can add Nathan Ellis, Spencer Johnnson, Matthew Short, Adam Zampa to that list - they have been retained by their franchise teams to play in the competition that runs alongside the One Day Cup.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
No surprise that Surrey have the most players on the franchise retained lists with 11. Then Lancashire 8 but Durham surprised me coming into third spot with 6 (Carse, Parkinson, Potts, Robinson, Stokes and Sowter). Six counties: Glos, Northants, Derby, Worcs, Leics and Glamorgan only missing one player each (so far).
More will be added in the draft on March 20th and there are also 16 wildcards to be picked during the season (which will possibly disrupt counties plans for the one day cup most only becoming known mid season).

mackembhoy

International Debutant
No surprise that Surrey have the most players on the franchise retained lists with 11. Then Lancashire 8 but Durham surprised me coming into third spot with 6 (Carse, Parkinson, Potts, Robinson, Stokes and Sowter). Six counties: Glos, Northants, Derby, Worcs, Leics and Glamorgan only missing one player each (so far).
More will be added in the draft on March 20th and there are also 16 wildcards to be picked during the season (which will possibly disrupt counties plans for the one dau cup most only becoming known mid season).
Marcus North is in charge of the Northern crisp packet side, so clearly some favouritism to his Durham charges.

Mind Robinson and Potts didn't even play last season.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Graham Clark may get picked up again at some stage.....
Ackermann too. Who we really need for the one day cup as otherwise we've only got Drissell left in the spin department(not counting Borthwick he only bowled 9 overs in the competition last season)

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
First I’d heard if this so thanks for posting. I recall that in 2018 Kent and Hampshire tool part in the WI 50 over competition. Perhaps not coincidentally they contested the final in the English 50 over cup later that year.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
First I’d heard if this so thanks for posting. I recall that in 2018 Kent and Hampshire tool part in the WI 50 over competition. Perhaps not coincidentally they contested the final in the English 50 over cup later that year.
Zimbabwean cricket done us even more of a favour letting McKinney(Eng u19 captain) and Bushnell turn out for one of one of their teams in Tuskers.

They've lost both games and Bushnell effectively lost them the game today going for 37 off his two overs(lost by 34 runs)

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
Wonder if Pucovski will be risked given he's been hurt again?

It pains me to see Neser not on the Glamorgan banner anymore too.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
The ECB franchise competition remains popular with players:
In total there are 245 domestic players and 389 overseas players registered for selection. There are 18 domestic places and 14 overseas places available. Draft takes place on 20th March.
Nice earner, and nice rest if not in the starting XIs?

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
In total there are 245 domestic players and 389 overseas players registered for selection. There are 18 domestic places and 14 overseas places available. Draft takes place on 20th March.
I’d like it too if my employer gave me leave to go and do some lucrative short term contract work elsewhere and then return to my regular job.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I’d like it too if my employer gave me leave to go and do some lucrative short term contract work elsewhere and then return to my regular job.
Yeah you can't knock the players at all from making some decent money, instead of playing the 50 over competition.

Just playing a format that can't be played internationally and not played anywhere else. Will always remain the main issue for me.

Also how much will this competition benefit the already richer test match ground counties, to the detriment of the other 10. (if we ignore Yorkshire recent predicament anyway)

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
Glamorgan haven't seen any major financial benefit from it as of yet so not sure if the financial argument is relevant at the moment.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I thought that the host counties got a staging fee and a cut of ticket and food & drink sales. Middlesex of course would not as the MCC is the host at Lord’s.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Some outground fixtures confirmed for August - Rugby School for Warwickshire and Kibworth for Leicestershire.