• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Chin Music

State 12th Man
We've got the one day cup. Don't let hatred for The Hundred stop a longstanding tradition in county cricket.

Hope Durham go all the way.

But having see Northants signing Privthi Shaw, plus having Tye and Willey. Plus most of their first team. Their going to be the team to watch.
Fair enough. An oversight on my part. Too many good players missing though.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Durham were never really in the game today. Not surprising with so many players preferring the Ant&Dec Cup.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
We've got the one day cup. Don't let hatred for The Hundred stop a longstanding tradition in county cricket.

Hope Durham go all the way.

But having see Northants signing Privthi Shaw, plus having Tye and Willey. Plus most of their first team. Their going to be the team to watch.
isn't Willey with a franchise?

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Durham were never really in the game today. Not surprising with so many players preferring the Ant&Dec Cup.
still a strong side: Clark, Lees, Bedingham, Jones first team regulars even McKinney, Bushnell, Trevaskis, Coughlin, Pretorious have played in the county championship for Durham this year for 1 or 2 games or more.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
See Lancashire scored 2 runs less today against Essex than they did against Cumbria on Sunday. Were Essex fielding 11 amateurs as well?

Geddes plays his first game for Surrey this year, on Sunday in the One Day cup warm up ... and is captain!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That’s harsh on the one day cup. I have enjoyed it in the last couple of years seeing some new players.
Yeah one day cup has actually been great fun.

Hampshire with 3 teenagers in the side today and a bunch more in their very early 20s.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Northants have signed George Scrimshaw from Derbyshire on a three-year deal starting next year. Interesting, I'd have thought Notts would have snapped him up like they have every other promising fast bowler from the Midlands.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I’ve not been that impressed by him on the (admittedly few) occasions on which I’ve seen him bowl however Northants are known for seeing overlooked potential.

On Derbyshire more generally, I expected them to do better than they have this year. Last year they seemed to have made a step forward.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
He's very much a white ball cricketer and Northants have done well in that format. Given he's on the selectors radar I'm surprised he never made a more glamorous move.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Surrey's team despite missing a load of players is still pretty decent

Rory Burns (c), Dominic Sibley, Ryan Patel, Ben Geddes, Ben Foakes (wk), Cameron Steel, Jordan Clark, Conor McKerr, Yousef Majid, Daniel Moriarty, Matt Dunn