• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Surprised Jordan Clark didn't get a gig in the Hundred. He's a solid all rounder who'd definitely strengthen most sides.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Surrey's team despite missing a load of players is still pretty decent

Rory Burns (c), Dominic Sibley, Ryan Patel, Ben Geddes, Ben Foakes (wk), Cameron Steel, Jordan Clark, Conor McKerr, Yousef Majid, Daniel Moriarty, Matt Dunn
that's because they have so many players. But they still lost so 3 of these 5 are presumably on Surrey's shopping list, specially the two in the second division:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Durham 173/1 from 21

We've had much worse run rates in the blast.

Sussex only lost Bopara,Mills and Garton to the Hundred.

So Sussex a strong side still, seeing as Mills doesn't play longer format anyway.

Molehill

International Captain
Durham 173/1 from 21

We've had much worse run rates in the blast.

Sussex only lost Bopara,Mills and Garton to the Hundred.

So Sussex a strong side still, seeing as Mills doesn't play longer format anyway.
I was watching some of it earlier, it's flat as a road. They're just swinging through the line without a care. Sussex haven't bowled great, but there's not a lot you can do. I suspect 400 might be par!!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Durham might score 500 here.....
Can't see these lasting the whole game.

Our problem the other day was not enough outside the top 3.

Mind if Pretorious didn't drop the ball and then go for 20 off the last over we'd have run it close against Worcs.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Can't see these lasting the whole game.

Our problem the other day was not enough outside the top 3.

Mind if Pretorious didn't drop the ball and then go for 20 off the last over we'd have run it close against Worcs.
@Molehill 329/1 to 347/6

The guys outside the top 3 showing themselves up again :frusty:

Make that 348/7

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Haha, you called it. Sure you've got enough, but the pitch does look very flat.
You'd expect i'm relaxed about the result.

Just frustrating for the rest of the campaign, as 2 in 2 games just not looked comfortable beyond the top 3.

Bushnell did bat well the other day but wickets tumbling at the other end and rate just kept going up.

It's a problem for us in the T20 too, were great at starts and often fall apart in the middle.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Leicestershire doing something right. They seem to have a strong batting line that has now dealt with Surrey and Kent:
Patel, Budinger, Hill, Handscomb, Ackermann, Mulder, Kimber

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Leicestershire doing something right. They seem to have a strong batting line that has now dealt with Surrey and Kent:
Patel, Budinger, Hill, Handscomb, Ackermann, Mulder, Kimber
I think Kimber was playing for Surrey last season, but only got to play in the 50 over tournament. So he'd have really enjoyed seeing his side home against us last week. Apparently Hill has been the stand-out player so far.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
I think Kimber was playing for Surrey last season, but only got to play in the 50 over tournament. So he'd have really enjoyed seeing his side home against us last week. Apparently Hill has been the stand-out player so far.
Nick Kimber (Surrey) and Louis Kimber (Leicestershire) are brothers, but, yes it still would have led to a bit of enjoyment through sibling rivalry.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Went to Edgbaston today. Blow out of a match however I did note that, while the ground was over-the-top bedecked in hundred branding, there was very little paid-for advertising on show. A sign of lack of commercial support for the new-style completion?

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Leicestershire score 214/9 from 44 overs. Notts given a DLS target of 206 from 44 overs. DLS gets stranger and stranger.

Two brief stoppages in the Leicestershire innings. I thought normally when the batting side was reduced to less overs the target would increase as it was assumed had they always thought it was a 44 not a 50 over match they would have scored slightly quicker. Maybe DLS thinks had Notts known they only had to bowl 44 overs they would have bowled better and Leicestershire would have scored less.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Perhaps because Leicestershire had lost a number of wickets before the stoppage so DLS reckoned that they may have struggled to bat out the 50 and so advantaged by a shorter game.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Perhaps because Leicestershire had lost a number of wickets before the stoppage so DLS reckoned that they may have struggled to bat out the 50 and so advantaged by a shorter game.
True thay had lost wickets prior to the stoppages, but the fact remains that they did score 214 in 44 overs not 205. The ECB Reporters Network perhaps not surprisingly don't offer a reason. Maybe Stuart Broad switched the numbers round and it should have been 250!