• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's Fast Bowling Coach Returns Home

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lillee was recently released from some coaching job like a year or two ago. I remember him on A Current Affair having a whinge about him being fired. There's obviously some 'personality issues'.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Well if we want to develop fast bowlers who can swing and reverse swing the ball you cant go much wrong with Waqar. But what Cooley did so well wasnt just the technical aspects of bowling, but also the science behind it all, something i dont really think Waqar has a clue about (unless he's got busy since he retired).

Craig

World Traveller
And Harmison as mentioned Darren Gough?

Thoughts? Probably a bit too soon and he would be too close to the team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
And Harmison as mentioned Darren Gough?

Thoughts? Probably a bit too soon and he would be too close to the team.
I think I'd like someone with more of a track record as a coach myself. I also suspect twinkle-toes harbours ambitions to get back into the team.

On Sky's coverage of the 4th ODI Allott mentioned to Waqar that he'd been touted in the papers. Waqar said it was news to him.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Linda said:
I dont think Dennis Lillee would go to England, to be honest.
He'd follow the money, like virtually anyone else would. You wouldn't have expected Rod Marsh to go over there, and he became an England selector!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Grandstand just said that "Cooley wanted a 2 year deal but the ECB only offered twelve months."

Really fills you with faith about their long-term commitment to the coaching structure (!)
The phrase that springs to my mind with regard to just about anything to do with the Lord's wheelers and dealers is:

"Another Pimm's, Bunty?"