• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v. Australia Twenty20 Predictions

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't think Katich or Kasprowicz will play, and among that 12 I think probably Hogg will miss out, so Australia will be relying on Watson, Symonds and Clarke for 8 overs.
Which would be extreme stupidity.

simmy

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't. A test match is the highest test of cricketing skill - over 5 days, the cream tends to rise to the top, and one good individual performance is far less likely to carry you to a win. In an ODI it's much easier to fluke a win, and it's even easier than that in 20/20. If Flintoff or Pietersen has a good game or someone likes Jones or Harmison picks up a few early wickets, England could certainly get over the line.

I was just going on recent form to be honest. England's one day game (despite their ICC Trophy success) is nothing on their test match form at present.

Really looking forward to this game now. Just 3 and bit hours now! :cool:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't go in for this everything depending on Pietersen and Flintoff, England will probably have 7 decent batters, all of them except possibly Vaughan (tho he likes to smash the Aussies about) can score quickly given the chance.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I certainly wouldn't say everything depends on them, either - but you do get the feeling that without a big innings from someone (with those two being the most likely), or an inspired 4 overs from one of the bowlers, England will find it incredibly hard. Having said that, England do seem to be a much-improved fielding side recently (witness Harmison's diving catch in the gully against Bangladesh) so that will count in their favour - whilst they are still not of the same quality as Australia, they've dropped very few recently.

simmy

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
I don't go in for this everything depending on Pietersen and Flintoff, England will probably have 7 decent batters, all of them except possibly Vaughan (tho he likes to smash the Aussies about) can score quickly given the chance.
Ive seen quite a bit of Twenty20 cricket over the last season. It enrages me how batsmen go in and try to slap it around from the first ball, getting out in the process. Despite the over restraints you have to play yourself in! Flintoff is important simply because he does this and then explodes at the end! Pieterson's too arrogant to respect the Aussies!

I'm scared of Symonds! I saw him play at Kent and he was devastating! Plus with the ball... DAMN HIM NOT PLAYING FOR ENGLAND! He was born in BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Which would be extreme stupidity.
I doubt it matters much personally. It's only 20/20, and Watson and Symonds are perfectly capable of sending down four overs, particularly since it's at the Rose Bowl and the pitch is likely to be pretty slow.

simmy

International Regular
Rose Bowl also will do quite a bit in the air and off the pitch... quite a dingy day over in England today.

Stick them in Vaughny!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
simmy said:
Rose Bowl also will do quite a bit in the air and off the pitch... quite a dingy day over in England today.

Stick them in Vaughny!
That will help Australia, I think.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
Why can't you? It's a big event. ;)
Trust me man, I`d love to. But at the mo I`m half-doing my history assignment and about to go to bed. Gah!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Trust me man, I`d love to. But at the mo I`m half-doing my history assignment and about to go to bed. Gah!
Luckily I don't have an exam tomorrow, or I'd have a real dilemma (got one on Wednesday though). At least this way I have some incentive to study till 2.30am, then I can watch the cricket. :)

andyc

Nnanden said:
...I could stay up and watch this. 8-)

Haha, I wish. Go Aussie GO.
god knows i am. makes me so happy im on holidays :D

by the way, what time is it on, going by perth time (/china time)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Poo on all of you. I`ll go one better though, and dream of me hitting the winning runs for Australia...

:sleep:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
god knows i am. makes me so happy im on holidays :D

by the way, what time is it on, going by perth time (/china time)
Can't be bothered doing the timezone adjustment, but it starts in about three hours and ten minutes.

andyc

Adamc said:
Can't be bothered doing the timezone adjustment, but it starts in about three hours and ten minutes.
that's all!? awesome!.. that'll make it 12 30, by the way. thanks a lot

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
I doubt it matters much personally. It's only 20/20, and Watson and Symonds are perfectly capable of sending down four overs, particularly since it's at the Rose Bowl and the pitch is likely to be pretty slow.
Hogg had an outstanding season in Twenty20 last year - leaving him out would be wrong.