• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't he once say that Steyn was overrated and that Anderson's stats are only worse because he's overbowled by England? So dumb, I swear.
I remover him saying Alan Richardson was better than Philander. Although thinking about it that might make you like him more.

I actually like Dobell though, has some strange opinions but don't we all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is this guy in the frame at all?
Varun Chopra | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Good List A record, and he seems to have had a great year in 2014.
Doesn't seem to be. Not in the World Cup squad and not even in the Lions squad.

The batsmen outside the squad who seem to be in the frame (played for England A last month) are Jason Roy, Alex Lees, James Vince, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Sam Billings, Samit Patel and Adam Lyth. With the exception of Samit they'll all be in the primes during the next World Cup so you can expect England to try a few of them pretty much immediately after this one is over.

Spark

Global Moderator
I remover him saying Alan Richardson was better than Philander. Although thinking about it that might make you like him more.

I actually like Dobell though, has some strange opinions but don't we all.
He seemed to think England's problems in the 2013/4 Ashes was that they were trying to score too fast

Howe_zat

Audio File
Christ, England fans spout absolute garbage every time and O, a D and an I are within a parsec of each other. Nothing England could do is as bad as listening to this horse**** every time they take the field

BBC on this morning's match said:
Tobias Haines: Why are the rest of the World playing ODIs like 20/20's and England insist on playing them like short Test matches?
Yeah why don't they just decide to hit 160 off 60 balls?

WHY DON'T THEY? IT IS OBVIOUSLY HOW TO WIN MATCHES. WHY DO THEY NOT HIT 160 OFF 60 BALLS. I DO NOT SEE WHY IT IS NOT A GOOD TACTIC TO HIT 160 OFF 60 BALLS.

WHY DON'T THEY JUST HIT MORE

THIS GUY HIT BALLS LOTS WHY DON'T ENGLAND PLAYERS HIT BALLS LOTS

WHY THEY DECIDE THIS

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah this is what gets me. England aren't very good yet people basically talk like they decide to not be as good as McCullum and de Villiers on purpose.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suspected it was more the Johnson workover than the Aaron strike than really rattled him, but that is absolutely no surprise. He's gone from merely under-achieving with the bat a bit to looking seriously scared of even mid-paced international quicks such as Trent Boult. Something is/was going on inside his head and it's simplistic to say he needs to "man up".