• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

mackembhoy

International Debutant
unless someone is properly crocked, not sure why england would make any changes for the last test.

they don't play again until feb when they go to new zealand and their bowling attack inevitably gets blunted.
Playing wood again might keep him out till march. Robinson only just been getting himself fit this summer into now.

Jacks didn't do much so might want to look at Ahmed or Foakes to come back as he was always going to play instead of Jacks.

Guess some of it depends on whether Stokes able to bowl next test.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lost pace, isn't lethal at international level anymore. On the other hand he was still economical even without the extra yard of pace, could be useful against this england lineup, try and force them to make a mistake vs the other bowlers.
Robinson and jimmy are not quick. I dont belive you need pace in sub cont tests you need to be accurate and stay stump to stump, little reverse you are in business. Abbas has lost some nip but he is still decent i think for such tracks better then the options here.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Just seen the Pope catch for the first time, not really sure why Wilson is getting such stick, I haven't seen any clear evidence that he either caught it or grounded it. On field decision was out so why Wilson is in the wrong? Unless someone has an angle I haven't seen yet?

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Just seen the Pope catch for the first time, not really sure why Wilson is getting such stick, I haven't seen any clear evidence that he either caught it or grounded it. On field decision was out so why Wilson is in the wrong? Unless someone has an angle I haven't seen yet?
As an England fan I would be very disappointed if that catch was given against us.

The problem is the soft signal - once that is given out, was there enough for the TV umpire to overturn it - presumably Wilson thought not.

Why have the soft signal - how can the standing umpire say if it carried or not when it's so tight. Why can't the umpire just ask for a review with no soft signal

Kirkut

International Regular
Pakistan's fast bowling in tests has never been the same since Amir/Asif messed up things. The continuity broke after that and there was no clear mentor in their bowling lineup, a lot of fast bowlers came and disappeared. This is what's ailing them, since Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah and Shaheen have all the basics right when it comes to pace. The art of taking wickets is missing due to a lack of mentor.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Pak team looks terrible tbh

I'm sure they were stronger when Aus toured, but even then they weren't great

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When will Bazball be vindicated?

So used to seeing guys like Harry Brook new into their career get absolutely dad dicked in the subcontinent when teams visit. Something unnatural is happening in Pakistan.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A lot of us don't think it was 'so tight', we're pretty sure it was grounded.
“Pretty sure” isn’t conclusive enough to overturn the soft signal.
The real truth is that Joel Wilson has dodgy peepers. When they reviewed the final dismissal of the match he openly stated during the review that he didn’t see any bat involved even though it was a noticeable deflection even without ultraedge.