• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Xuhaib

International Coach
Abdullah wicket was a result of dangling the carrot.

You need to dangle the carrot on this pitch to force a result

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad Root didn't ton up.

Pretty standard Stokes innings.
Sadly, under Baz, I feel like this is going to be a common refrain. Stokes has batted in meme mode in nigh on every innings since he took over the (c). The guy who played one of the greatest Test innings of all time, suddenly no longer will be able to play that way ever again

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
In all of this as well, and I love what Baz is doing, it has to be remembered that he's doing a job for love and cares little about job security. You can't replicate what he's doing, because every other coach in the world has to have more than one eye on keeping their job. So if he errs on the side of risk, which I absolutely love, it's worth pointing out that there's a reason no one else does it, nor will it inspire many people to similarly roll the dice

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

cnerd123

likes this
As it is they will be measuring the wickets against runs and not time for the entire rest of the test, so it's a bad declaration. This seems... really simple to understand? But it'll only be talked about as a bad call if they lose.
I think this makes it a good declaration. You want to set Pakistan a score where they feel they can still win even if they're 4 or 5 wickets down. If the target and asking rate are too steep they'll just shut up shop and the games done. This way they'll keep trying to win despite losing wickets, and that keeps England's hopes of victory alive too.

slow deck

Cricket Spectator
Honestly Pakistan are next to the only team in the top 8 of world cricket capable of (almost) squandering this game from the start of the 4th innings. Maybe that's why England tried it?

Maybe they should have played repeated highlights of the last Ashes series so they didn't let an average team like England get in their heads.
Babar isn't a captain, selectors are a joke. Oh well, nothing new.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly Pakistan are next to the only team in the top 8 of world cricket capable of (almost) squandering this game from the start of the 4th innings. Maybe that's why England tried it?

Maybe they should have played repeated highlights of the last Ashes series so they didn't let an average team like England get in their heads.
Babar isn't a captain, selectors are a joke. Oh well, nothing new.
next to India?

slow deck

Cricket Spectator
next to India?
India would have won with 7 wickets in hand. Pakistan are playing at home on the flattest of decks against 3.5 bowlers, one of whom is like 40. Their whole way of thinking reminds me of medieval times lol. They can be so exciting and then they pull this crap, i completely understand why all of our fans get so infuriated with them at times like this...

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kinda relieving to see they've not scored any runs. Obviousy the wicket's the most important bit.

Any word on Azhar Ali? My guess is he'll end up batting with one hand at #9 or something.

ashley bach

International Captain
As long as wickets are in tact, it's more than possible an onslaught later could be on the cards.
Even 35-40 for no wicket in the next hour before lunch keeps them alive, but for now it's all safety first.