• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England players and selection discussion thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit surprised we've allowed Jimmeh to play for Lancashire, he's played enough this year surely? Guess he asked to.

In fact they all seem to be playing except Potts, please don't tell me he's ****ing injured.

grecian

Even on a good day for Crawley, he's been outbatted by the other two members of the Kent top-three as has happened much of the time this year.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
archer news is sad, but equally his entire test career post that one ashes was pretty ****. he is a massive loss with the t20 world cup on the horizon tho.

will almost certainly do the t20 circuit once he is back and who can blame him??

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I don't think he'll play Tests again. He'll be a Mills type of bowler albeit a serious upgrade. I wonder if qualifying for England - a WC win aside - did him more harm than good.

Chubb

International Regular
I don't think he'll play Tests again. He'll be a Mills type of bowler albeit a serious upgrade. I wonder if qualifying for England - a WC win aside - did him more harm than good.
Agree he won't play tests again, but he probably made more money from his career with England than he would have got for 10 years with the Windies, assuming he'd have played a few T20 franchise tournaments either way.

Spark

Global Moderator
It certainly did him more harm than good in the context of having a captain who thought that bowling a 150km/h fast bowler for 15 over spells was a good idea.

Starfighter

It certainly did him more harm than good in the context of having a captain who thought that bowling a 150km/h fast bowler for 15 over spells was a good idea.
"I'm probably more ready than I've ever been, I've bowled 50 overs in one game already for Sussex and I'm usually the one bowling the most overs anyway. I think Justin Langer has another thing coming."
Really Root's fault?

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Agree he won't play tests again, but he probably made more money from his career with England than he would have got for 10 years with the Windies, assuming he'd have played a few T20 franchise tournaments either way.
He'd have ripped up the domestic t20s in the West Indies and cashed in big time in the IPL still.