• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England A lose again

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
I cannot see England pick any players in this Tour apart from Jones
Well, since Jones is the only one likely to be picked (since he's named in the touring side if he proves his fitness) that is incredible predicting there Chris!

If you mean can't see them picking any of the others at any time, then why are they taking Pietersen (who isn't even English fully?!)

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Well, since Jones is the only one likely to be picked (since he's named in the touring side if he proves his fitness) that is incredible predicting there Chris!

If you mean can't see them picking any of the others at any time, then why are they taking Pietersen (who isn't even English fully?!)
Pitersen might get a chance

Salamuddin

International Debutant
England A has a chance of making the final of the Duleep trophy.

They are in the waeker pool. East Zone aren't that strong a team although their bowling is probably better than their bowling.
South Zone's batting is much stronger than their bowling.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
jamesryfler said:
England A has a chance of making the final of the Duleep trophy.

They are in the waeker pool. East Zone aren't that strong a team although their bowling is probably better than their bowling.
South Zone's batting is much stronger than their bowling.
That is East's bowling is stronger than their batting. :D

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Arjun said:
Did any TV channel in England show this match? I tried looking on one of the local channels, but couldn't find anything.

Anyway, at least Ed Smith and Scott Newman got some runs. Mahmood seems to be bowling well, but he'll need to cut down on those wides, which do matter. The same ca be said of Jones. Sriram seems to be having a good series and since he can also bowl a few good overs, he can get into the Indian team. It's a bit surprising that JP Yadav and Bahutule have got the bulk of the wickets, since they're nothing special.
Agree on Bahutule -- very overrated player.

Sriram seems to be scoring lots of runs atm -- his effort in the last game was especially creditable because that pitch was offering some assistance to the pace bowlers.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
1) No such word as will.

2) Family has little to do with ability. My dad topped the League Batting Averages and I am a ferret.

The Alis are really good, they produced 3 pro cricketers

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's enthusiasm, exposure and practice rather than genetics.

To suggest it's genetic overlooks the fact that Kadeer cannot bowl and Kabir is no more than a slogger.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
To suggest it's genetic overlooks the fact that Kadeer cannot bowl and Kabir is no more than a slogger.
But then it could be genetic in your family to overlook the fact that Kabir can also bowl, very well in fact :) and should, by all rights, have been on the A Tour because then we would actually have a bowling attack worthy of the name...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What have Mahmood and Jones done wrong? It's the spinners that have sucked!

Kabir can bowl and Kadeer can't, suggesting that it's nothing to do with genes. More likely, Kabir spent all his youth bowling at Kadeer...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
What have Mahmood and Jones done wrong? It's the spinners that have sucked!

Kabir can bowl and Kadeer can't, suggesting that it's nothing to do with genes. More likely, Kabir spent all his youth bowling at Kadeer...
Haha which means that Kadeer didn't get much time hitting the ball? I saw a program on them, they had a net set up in the back garden with a bowling machine.

Jones hasn't actually done anything right...1-45 and 0-38 = 1-83

I don't see what Kabir did so dreadfully wrong in picking up 5 wickets on his debut to be totally ignored like this...

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
It's enthusiasm, exposure and practice rather than genetics.

True but have any family produced 3 professional cricketers apart from the Mohammeds (Hanif,Mustaq, Waqar ETC)

chris.hinton

International Captain
Rik said:
Haha which means that Kadeer didn't get much time hitting the ball? I saw a program on them, they had a net set up in the back garden with a bowling machine.

Jones hasn't actually done anything right...1-45 and 0-38 = 1-83

I don't see what Kabir did so dreadfully wrong in picking up 5 wickets on his debut to be totally ignored like this...
I fully agree with you Rik he going to be coached by Dennis Lillie in the next couple of weeks

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
True but have any family produced 3 professional cricketers apart from the Mohammeds (Hanif,Mustaq, Waqar ETC)
Who's the third? I could go on for more than a few.

Grace, Chappell, Crowe, Waugh, Headley, Hadlee for starters.

Langeveldt

Soutie
chris.hinton said:
I fully agree with you Rik he going to be coached by Dennis Lillie in the next couple of weeks
That should do him a world of good... Hes got to get something behind his bowling, because he cant bowl on decks like New Road all his life!

By the way chris, ive just had some coaching with Terry Jenner... Was most impressed... :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Would you be singing the praises of this "great" family if they weren't Worcestshire players?