• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Players Tournament 2009

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Xciting to see South Africa make it 6 outa 6 !!

Its great that we gotta great Bench Strength ! :)

Anyways.... dont u ppl think Philander was a bad choice by CSA??

He seemed ordinary with both Bat n Ball ! :(
At the time and for the series in question (Mickey Mouse knock around in Belfast), no and he initially performed.

Philander is like fellow Cape all-rounder, Rory Kleinveldt, a talented young cricketer who (sadly) never pushed on. You only have to look at both of them to know their heart isn't in it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I notice neither Tait nor Henriques have been seen again since they walked off mid-over. Are they bad injuries that they have?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
So in the win against India Bennet has very good figures 4-20-3.

Southee was mauled.

Davis went for 4's an over and picked up a wicket. Same for Worker except he went for 8's with one wicket.

Fulton was superb in his 3 off 13.

dhavalcoholic

Cricket Spectator
Hello

Can some one post images of CJ De Villiers?

I am from India..... and hence I have never seen him play on TV..!!

I want to see how tall he is ! :)

Thanks!!!

YaY 8 out of 8 for SA !! :cool:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can some one post images of CJ De Villiers?

I am from India..... and hence I have never seen him play on TV..!!

I want to see how tall he is ! :)

Thanks!!!

YaY 8 out of 8 for SA !! :cool:
No shots of him in action but his taller than Morne Morkel.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Nice by CJ.

If I was the selectors, I'd want Vince Barnes to get a hold of him, sort out his radar because when it's good, he's brilliant and when he's bad, he's just terrible.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
All the seamers apart from Tsotsobe have done very well. Good to see.

But batting wise only two men have fired, Kuhn and Behardien.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
...which is disappointing.

Davids didn't have a bad tour either.
He scored in the 20/20 but his highest score in the 50 overs is something like 35. Only Kuhn and Behardien have averaged over 30.

As for Tsotsobe, his just coming back from knee surgery and he isn't playing in his preferred format.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It's good to see the Indian Emerging Team in the final. We'd prefer they win it, if their claims for selection should be taken seriously. Far too often Indian development/reserve teams have failed to win tournaments, which raises doubts over whether the players play for their places or for the match.