• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA Sports Cricket 2006

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
It may be a long way away but what do you wan't improved or added to make it a great game.

I'd like to see:

Harder game play
Full stat tracking
A career mode
Multiple bowling styles
Proper bats, like GM, Kookaburra ect
Bowling styles looking like real life players

Thats all I have for now. What are your Ideas.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cause all the aforementioned sports are huge in the states. cricket isnt newhere near that big there...

Taylor

Cricket Spectator
As someone else has already said, challenges would be a good idea into the game, perhaps online play? :ph34r:

Waughney

International Debutant
blackcapsrule said:
It may be a long way away but what do you wan't improved or added to make it a great game.

I'd like to see:

Harder game play
Full stat tracking
A career mode
Multiple bowling styles
Proper bats, like GM, Kookaburra ect
Bowling styles looking like real life players

Thats all I have for now. What are your Ideas.
You can download a patch to have the proper bats (MRF, Gray Nicolls, Kookaburra etc.) from lots of places on the internet, can't remember where EA site or game spy or something. But then again I guess you have it on PS2 because you probably would've already downloaded it by now :ph34r:

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Yeah, your right. I have the PS2 version otherwise I would have all the patches and updates. I chose the PS2 version because

- It came out first
- Easier to play with controler

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would like easier navigation in the team management section. Somthing along the lines of moving players in & out, rather than having to copy, then delete. It gets frustrating!

I would also like to see it harder to bowl out sides. Even on the hardest level, you can keep bowling yorkers and get the batting sid out cheaply.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
I would like easier navigation in the team management section. Somthing along the lines of moving players in & out, rather than having to copy, then delete. It gets frustrating!

I would also like to see it harder to bowl out sides. Even on the hardest level, you can keep bowling yorkers and get the batting sid out cheaply.
I agree with both of these, especially the one about bowling yorkers and getting them out cheaply. It defeats the purpose of the game :@

anzac

International Debutant
how about different types of pitches for different nations & venues - e.g IND pitches would be dry, slow, low with plenty of turn, but with a fast outfield....

and I would like to see some local weather conditions such as breeze / wind - i.e. WACA = Freemantle Doctor coming in of an afternoon & changes the strength & direction, the Gale at The Basin Reserve etc......

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Bowling teams out cheaply?

Mister Wright and BCrule, how do you bowl them out cheaply? I get smacked all round the park. Not that I want to make the game easy.

I think HB need to get the basic game concepts and control systems right first.

Mister Wright

Will Scarlet said:
Mister Wright and BCrule, how do you bowl them out cheaply? I get smacked all round the park. Not that I want to make the game easy.

Just bowl yorkers all day!

Can get a team out for between 20-120 easy. Then just pile on the runs.

Mister Wright

Will Scarlet said:
You would think they'd get rid of that.

So do you resist bowling any yorkers to make the game interesting?
When I'm not playing two player (on the same team) I usually play a World Cup s20 over slog fest. It is the only way to enjoy the game. I've given up playing 50 overs or test matches, just too unrealistic.

I prefer to play Rugby League, at least it is a challenge.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Will Scarlet said:

HeHeHe...
try bowling slower ball yorkers on leg, middle and leg. Played a county match with surrey:
A.Mahmood 6.6.0.6 (6/0)
J.Ormond 5.4.4.4 (4/4)
For some reason the batsmen just leav the bowl and get bowled. some are smart and leg glance.

I won by an innings after I made 132.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
C2006 WISHLIST

*Player's stats change throughout their careers
*Full contracting facility for ALL forms
*Career modes for International teams
*Youth players continuly coming through (it's stupid playing your 10th county season in a row and still having Phil DeFreitas)
*Basically, ICC!

I think we should all put together a general wishlist and submit it to EA with heaps of names beside it - they'd HAVE to consider!