• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA Sports Cricket 2006

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
You never know, HB Studios is probably monitoring the forums. They don't appear to have any new ideas of their own. EA Cricket has changed very little since '97.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Andrew Wilson of EA claims to read the forums for ideas and feedback although he hasn't been heard from or of since Cricket2004 was released...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
What EA needs are a team of good Australian/English programmers to put some effort into cricket games because frankly nobody seems to care about them:@

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
i think more than anything the amout of bugs in the game should be minimized alot. i think cricket2004 has the biggest bug count of the history of EA games.

*the bowlers run up could be mproved
*the batsmans stance should be improved alot (cricket2002 was better)
*there should be a confidence meter for bowlers too.
*the field editor should allow users to move players flexibly (instead of regulation field possitions)..so the user can use his imagination.
*the process controlling the running between wickets should be faster or realtime(specially when deciding not to take the run )#
* the square cut should be a bit changed ?

ash chaulk

International Captain
i like the option of a career mode kinda like Madden NFL and Champ Manager except you play the game and scout clubs for cricketers..... but i would say that would have to be a different kinda game

Don

State Vice-Captain
what would make the game very interesting but proabably very costly and long would be the choice to develop a cricketer from the youth level all the way to the international level.being able to play games at school level and things like that.this could probably be a game on its own and i think i would be kinda cool.cool to have to go to trainings and things like that developing your player but have it so that he/she cant be perfect.

Don

State Vice-Captain
thats a sim game right.well im thinking of an arcade type game(i think thats what they are classed as)wchich would be really cool.

Don

State Vice-Captain
i tried to dl the game but when i try to set it up it says that there isnt enough storage to complete the operation.
well if my impressions of this game aer correct its not what im talking about,what i mean is that u have to play the matches urself.u control one player and u have to go to the trainings where ull have to participate.what im trying to put accross is that u play as if playing cricket 2004 and others but u start as a kid and have to play in school and clubs and advance gradually but with more animation than a stat based game.it would play like the live action games.

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
You get to pick which school and club you play for...have to manage your hours for study and womanising? Go from concrete to synthetic to turf?

Don

State Vice-Captain
thats a good idea.from concrete to turf and all.we should compile all the ideas for this game and pitch it to e.a and see what will happen then if they create everyone at cricket web should get a copy.or at least evryone whu contributed

Langeveldt

Soutie
James90 said:
You get to pick which school and club you play for...have to manage your hours for study and womanising? Go from concrete to synthetic to turf?
Too good to be true..

Haha, womanising..