• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft thread:XI's total sum of test batting averages no great than 250 runs(flexible)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Godfrey Evans (20.49)

(125.57 runs remaining)

Grace
Goddard
~
~
~
~
Evans
Akram
~
Tyson
Ironmonger

Last edited:

mr_mister

^wait, that was my pick to end round 6. we're not in round 7 yet, where you are right after me.

Slifer

International Captain
Oops my bad, i picked out of turn. Disregard my pick.
Aldoraine then round 7 begins, got it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Edit.. Ah nevermind, I'll keep Jim Laker.

Davidson Laker Trueman Donald O'Reilly is a reasonable attack.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Frank Woolley 36.07

Had a feeling he was gonna get poached this round, acted accordingly

funnily enough he's the third person I've picked mainly for their batting that has just happened to have taken over 500 FC wickets.. (Grace and Goddard and now Woolley) and in the case of Woolley and Grace... over 2000 FC wickets

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I swear slifer had a post picking.... Sherwin campbell 32.38 he just went for the same pick, after earlier pick mistake. I swear the post went missing somehow :ph34r:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Farohk Engineer (31.08)

Red Hill XI

Geoff Marsh
Farohk Engineer +
Graeme Hick
-
Michael Bevan
-
-
-
Andy Roberts
Michael Holding
Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

mr_mister

he had to go eventually. the way people talk about him as a batsman on this forum you would have thought he would have averaged a lot more

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
he had to go eventually. the way people talk about him as a batsman on this forum you would have thought he would have averaged a lot more
I think most of the praises are about his keeping (fred says he was a better keeper than Knott, and sjs agrees IIRC)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Wilfred Rhodes 30.19
179 with 71 left

01 Jimmy Cook
02 Wilfred Rhodes
03 Arthur Shrewsbury
04 Peter Kirsten
05 Mike Gatting
06 Nawab of Pataudi
10 JJ Ferris

mr_mister

the only person to pretty much only focus on his batting has completed his top 6! not too shabby either. well done stphn