• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft thread:XI's total sum of test batting averages no great than 250 runs(flexible)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Slifer has around 23 runs left, so if no one minds I'm going to make my final pick and select Kevin Pietersen.

01 Ken Edwards
02 Rob Quiney
03 Viv Richards
04 Kevin Pietersen
05 Mike Brearley (c)
06 Adam Gilchrist+
07 Alan Davidson
08 Jim Laker
09 Fred Trueman
10 Bill O'Reilly
11 Allan Donald

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slifer has around 23 runs left, so if no one minds I'm going to make my final pick and select Kevin Pietersen.

01 Ken Edwards
02 Rob Quiney
03 Viv Richards
04 Kevin Pietersen
05 Mike Brearley (c)
06 Adam Gilchrist+
07 Alan Davidson
08 Jim Laker
09 Fred Trueman
10 Bill O'Reilly
11 Allan Donald
Awesome. I think that should be a winning combination.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I can't believe you chose him mate when you had 38.3 left. Any particular reason?
Yeah I'm a Dimuth fan but there are plenty of better players you can get with that amount.
f00ls. You save a penny here, you save a penny there and soon enough you have enough left over to treat yourself to an ice-cream. It's like your mum taught you guys nothing.

Don't let them dissuade you, TheBattlersPrince. You've got your head screwed on right.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Awesome. I think that should be a winning combination.
Cheers. The obvious flaw are the openers and it would be interesting to see how the team would respond if they were 2/10 (Edwards 1, Quiney 9). Still, I'm going to make around 249-250 most games :)

anil1405

International Captain

01 Ken Edwards
02 Rob Quiney
03 Viv Richards
04 Kevin Pietersen
05 Mike Brearley (c)
06 Adam Gilchrist+
07 Alan Davidson
08 Jim Laker
09 Fred Trueman
10 Bill O'Reilly
11 Allan Donald
Would be worth a visit to the stadium to see this team in action, even if its half way across the globe.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
NUFAN's bowling combo looks fantastic.

I don't think any team has the batting lineup to score 250 against that bowling.

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I can't believe you chose him mate when you had 38.3 left. Any particular reason?
I thought I only had 36, and I wanted a newish player because I feel like taking all early era players is kind of not in the spirit. I tossed up with Phil Hughes too, but I wasn't a big fan of his batting. I also had an early great in mind. But with Darling in my side I just thought, "get a RH modern to create the R/L combo". I'm real tired, hope that makes sense

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
1. Joseph Darling (c)
2. Dimuth Karunaratne
3. Monty Noble 5
4. Mark Waugh 6
5. Brian Close
6. Jonty Rhodes
7. Mike Procter 2
8. Ken James +
9. Joel Garner 3
10. Glenn McGrath 1
11. Jack Iverson 4

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Post 256 says you have 38.3 - not sure if it is accurate. Sorry to say but Dimuth is a lefty. With McGrath in your lineup, I know who I would select.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I thought I only had 36, and I wanted a newish player because I feel like taking all early era players is kind of not in the spirit. I tossed up with Phil Hughes too, but I wasn't a big fan of his batting. I also had an early great in mind. But with Darling in my side I just thought, "get a RH modern to create the R/L combo". I'm real tired, hope that makes sense
Makes sense

Apart from the fact that Dimuth is a left hander.

OverratedSanity

I'll finish my XI too since Slifer has slightly less than what my pick costs. Great early Era Aussie all rounder George Giffen for 23.55.

OS XI :

Gavin Hamilton
Victor Trumper
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Sir Frank Worrell * (6)
George Giffen (5)
Ray Lindwall (1)
Arthur Dolphin (wk)
Neil Adcock (2)
Brett Schultz (3)
Jack Saunders (4)

Probably have the most powerful top and middle order, bowling is good too, but not quite the best. Batting depth could've been a tad better, but still pleased with how that turned out.

Slifer

International Captain
Sherwin Campbell
Clifford Roach
Collie Smith
Ian Botham
Sir Imran* (1)
Graeme Swann (6)
Bob Taylor+
Alex Bedser (5)
Dale Steyn (2)
Murali (4)
Bruce Reid (3)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
btw big thanks for stphn for keeping this afloat my life's been **** atm have had to devote time to real problems