• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Doping scandal in IPL

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asif says he is "shocked and surprised" to have failed a drugs test. Well, that makes precisely one of us.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He should be banned for life and I some how don't feel that he will get away with it this time but then this is Pakistan cricket we are talking about - any thing goes.

haroon510

International 12th Man
ok the first time when he did it it was accident and he didn't know.. can some body tell me what the hell was he thinking when he did it the second time.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
ok the first time when he did it it was accident and he didn't know.. can some body tell me what the hell was he thinking when he did it the second time.
I highly doubt that he didn't know what he was doing the first time. Just a bunch of lies that the PCB bought so that he could still play. India probably would have done the same thing. Cricket administrators in the subcontinent are dire.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looked like that with Shoaib a couple of times recently. And as of this moment... well, there still seems to be no ban enforced.

With the PCB and bans on Pakistan cricketers, the fat lady has lost her voice perminantly. There is always a chance of a route back.

open365

International Vice-Captain
'I'm gonna be really shocked and suprised if they catch me a second time'

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm going to go so far as saying Asif will be the leading wicket taker in the IPL in, say 2010.. The disgrace of crickets administrators is staggering and it knows no bounds.. Don't for one second think you've seen the last of Asif..

Mr Mxyzptlk

DWTA. I don't rate him as a limited overs bowler, and I think that his T20 stats will ultimately reflect that. :mellow:

Mr Mxyzptlk

You don't think they've been lenient enough on him? Talented, yes, but that's no reason to. essentially, obstruct justice.

haroon510

International 12th Man
You don't think they've been lenient enough on him? Talented, yes, but that's no reason to. essentially, obstruct justice.
i agree they have been lenient on him and i also agree they shouldn't obstruct the jusitic and that is the reason i want him to get ban for two or three years but banning him for life time is too much i think..

just based on his cricketing talent i feel pity.. i mean you don't see many bowlers who could bowle outswingers, inswingers the way asif bowles.. he was more like full package, he could bowle some unplayable deliveries...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nunhqdFiPpA&feature=related

some amazing delievers to get ride of dravid, laxman and even the great sachin..