• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Donna Symmonds

Days of Grace

International Captain
What the heck did Donna say today? I only just caught it, David Lloyd saying 'what a close game this is (between England and NZ)". Donna just said firmly, "David! I'm disinterested".

what?? Not sure if anyone else heard that, but if she is disinterested, then go home ffs!!

Love Bumble's response; "Donna, you remind me of me mother".

Flem274*

123/5
Dad hates her. Could barely hear her at times coz he was abusing her and England and Oram. I'm sure she asked Martin the same question twice though, I think it was what he thought a good total would be. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We've had to suffer this one since the 2003 World Cup, when Sony Max unleashed Donna Symonds along with some of the dumbest commentators and a dreadful coverage package all over India. Luckily, I noticed Doordarshan relaying the Sky Sports coverage, with occasional local commentary, and stuck to that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
She's not the best, but can't believe people actually don't like Nasser Hussain.

He's my favourite commentator, and his analysis and predictions are brilliant.

The best was when he said "this is around the time when Ganguly begins to open up" and the next ball Ganguly backed away and slapped Broad over cover for 4. It was amazing, he reads the game so well.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It just sounds so weird with a chick commentator.
How's the South African commentator, Naidoo (I forgot her name), whom we had heard late last year? We hardly heard her, which means she must be a lot better.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What the heck did Donna say today? I only just caught it, David Lloyd saying 'what a close game this is (between England and NZ)". Donna just said firmly, "David! I'm disinterested".

what?? Not sure if anyone else heard that, but if she is disinterested, then go home ffs!!

Love Bumble's response; "Donna, you remind me of me mother".
Jesus thats dire.. Oh well, while we're busy dumbing down cricket we might as well do the same to the commentators as well..

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You are aware that disinterested actually means unbiased rather than uninterested which obviously means not interested. Donna was saying that she was supporting neither side, not that she wasn't finding the game interesting.

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh: Which means his mother doesn't take sides, a gem from Heath there. Donna's really gotten a lot better since her absence from all commentating the other day. May be hope in her yet.

Perm

I was amazed to find that she was one of those chosen by Wisden to nominate the cricketer of the century.

Just look at the company she has in the list of eleven West Indians who were given the job.

West Indies (11)

• Gerry Alexander
  • Tony Becca
  • Sir Carlisle Burton
  • Tony Cozier
  • Esmond Kentish
  • Clive Lloyd
  • Reds Pereira
  • Allan Rae
  • Donna Symmonds
  • Sir Clyde Walcott
  • Sir Everton Weekes

There must be something about her......
:naughty:

HeathDavisSpeed

Some of the other commentators were still blatently taking the piss, which is very sad. I thought she was very diplomatic about it. Obviously the guys commentating for Radio 4 were a little bit more gentlemanly and less obnoxious.

If Ravi Shastri blanked me, I'd show him who was the quicker bowler out of me and him.... why I ortta!

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I was amazed to find that she was one of those chosen by Wisden to nominate the cricketer of the century.

Just look at the company she has in the list of eleven West Indians who were given the job.

West Indies (11)

• Gerry Alexander
  • Tony Becca
  • Sir Carlisle Burton
  • Tony Cozier
  • Esmond Kentish
  • Clive Lloyd
  • Reds Pereira
  • Allan Rae
  • Donna Symmonds
  • Sir Clyde Walcott
  • Sir Everton Weekes

There must be something about her......
A little off topic, but is there anywhere you (or anyone else) knows of where we can find the breakdown of the 100 judges' votes for the Wisden Cricketer of the Century? I think it would be fascinating to know how everyone voted.

And I've always wanted to know who the ten judges were that didn't vote for Sobers...