• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen: Discussion thread

archie mac

International Coach
This is a tough assignment. There is a book "Australian Top 100 & First XI" - The authors placed players in eras and then compared them to one another. The problem I had was when they compared Bradman's contemporaries to him. He was so far in front, in the end, and not surprisingly the batsmen of his era struggled to make the final all time team. I thought at the time they should have just accepted Bradman as an anomaly and removed him from the comparison.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think you did not read my post properly. I never said Sachin cannot do what Dravid did there. I said don't tell me Sachin can do just because of his "higher SR". But I am pretty sure that Dravid is the better man for that job and I am certain that Ganguly can't do that.
And I never said that players with higher SR are incapable of playing longer innings. I am just saying that your generalization that most players with higher SR can play longer innings if required is wrong.

I disagree. Talking about players with same average, Kohli has a higher SR than Kallis but he is not better. Yousuf, Younis and Williamson have higher SR than Dravid but none are better than him. Hayden and ABD have a higher SR than Steve Waugh but they are not better than him.
Younis is.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting exercise, would like to compare the final results to my spreadsheet