• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anyone else hate these pitches for this World Cup?

loterry1994

International Debutant
Hi guys

This is my first thread ever. But does anyone else feel these pitches aren’t the best for t20 and this World Cup? Since IPL resumed and they came to UAE most matches have given a big advantage to the teams that won the toss and chased. Plus we’ve barely got scores over 150 and the pitches seem quite bowler friendly. I know there has been some good games recently but in t20 I’d prefer to see pitches more flatter and scores a bit higher

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Are you kidding me? I love it. I can't stand 200+ run fests where bowlers are not a factor in the game with 60m boundaries, its utterly boring. India played really stupid today, its a large ground so the idea is to take a lot of 2s and 3s and score occasional boundaries. 160-170 is a very competitive score.

Love it when there is a contest between bat and ball unlike IPL where bowlers are just defensive and darting the ball in not even trying to take wickets but just contain.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love it when there is a contest between bat and ball unlike IPL where bowlers are just defensive and darting the ball in not even trying to take wickets but just contain.
Didn't Harshal Patel equal the record for most wickets taken in a season of IPL? The bowlers have won teams some gams in the IPL this year.

Kirkut

International Regular
These pitches are perfect, they demand ODI like approach to succeed as a batsman, just like how Babar and Rizwan batted against us.

You cannot expect 70 off 40 balls everytime from a batsman here unless you're literally as good as Viv.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Mixed opinion. The pitches are actually good and we need such matches where there is balance between bat and ball.

But but, the odds are way too much in favor of the chasing side. It has almost become win toss, win match now. Very rarely do we see a captain choosing to bat first after winning the toss. Such huge dependence on toss will kill the T20 game.

Burgey

I just think they're different to what everyone is used to in this format. I wouldn't want to watch games on them all the time, but I wouldn't want every game played on the same type of pitch, regardless of its attributes.

Aritro

International Regular
They're ok and greatly preferable to one-sided 200 pitches but they could use a touch more pace. Any cricket is boring when it doesn't come on to the bat, unless they're turning square, which they're not.

Daemon

The dew is awful.

The pitches are okay to play on occasionally, but I'd much rather watch run fests in T20s, as would most people I assume. Nobody posts at all when Australia crawl to 125 but when Buttler smashes sixes for fun the thread comes alive.

Stefan9

International Debutant
As a neutral I hate these pitches . T20 is about runs and boundaries.
As a SA fan I love them, our batting lineup can't score 180 + but we can manage 150 and our bowlers can win games.