• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you walk when you are caught behind?

Do you walk when you edge a ball to the slips?

• Yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I never walk and nor do I expect opposition batsmen to walk.

Keep the game simple. You are out when the umpire gives you out. Thats the game.

Having everyone play by a different set of rules is silly. Wait for the umpires decision and quietly curse him if you didnt hit it and quietly thank him if you nick it and are given not out.

I dont understand why people try and complicate the game.

Flem274*

123/5
Depends. If it was a long, wide Half-Volley or a Long-Hop on the hip, never - any fool should put away a rubbish delivery like that. Nor if there's anything edgy about it, sometimes applaud sarcastically in that eventuality.

Usually mutter "shot" under my breath when someone manages to pick a good-length away-swinger just a fraction outside off and ping it through extra-cover tho.
I can't :(