• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Disparity Between BAt and Ball in This World Cup

loterry1994

International Debutant
Definitely seems better to bat first this tournament. We haven’t seen many big totals chased yet. Seems like teams are setting massive scores and the team batting 2nd don’t come close to reaching it

Owzat

U19 Captain
Which teams are qualifying?
India, South Africa and New Zealand would have to implode not to qualify, thereafter I reckon one from three although some fancy the Afghans after beating two Test sides who bowled utter Gurbaz, I mean garbage

not saying Afghans are no good or didn't deserve to win, just they were hardly met by the best performances by both sides

loterry1994

International Debutant
Afg, SL and Pak.

Idk how are Ozzies qualifying? They are losing their next matches to NZ, Ban, England and Afghanistan.
I know Aus got 3 of them so called weaker teams left. But absolute anyone team can trouble them if they get one their openers out early then you got Smith and Marnus playing a test innings and their lower order and Keeper not firing. Plus they haven’t bowled well I think they haven’t been able to pick up a wicket their first 15 overs for 3 games so far

Owzat

U19 Captain
Definitely seems better to bat first this tournament. We haven’t seen many big totals chased yet. Seems like teams are setting massive scores and the team batting 2nd don’t come close to reaching it

yet took a sixth attempt to win the toss, bat and win....

and last time I looked the results were about if not 50-50 as to batting or bowling first won

one thing is certain, as I posted earlier, very few close games - 38 and 69 (?) runs smallest margin batting first, 4 wickets and that was a Kohli hundred or bust margin among the chasing margins. A fair few factors involved, but fair to say not many close ones

loterry1994

International Debutant
They’ve been similar stats. But when you look at teams that have posted over 300 it looks more favourable for them when they’ve batted first.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
280-320 is definitely chaseable and will get chased more often than not but we are either seeing 270-280 or 350+ in fact. Nothing in between!!

270s-280s are mostly getting chased while 350+ scores aren't.

Would like to see some targets in the 300-320 range.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
So far after 18 matches,

Number of centuries: muthaf****** 13

Number of 5-wicket hauls: 1

That only 5-five wicket haul was by an SLA, Santner.

Is it a success as yet?

May be.