• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Discord

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Fusion,

What's wrong with his performance over the last few years?
Absolutely nothing IMO. He did well against just about every batting line up he's played against in the past few years. Just look at his series averages since the last Asian Test Championship. The only bad figures he has are against India last year when they were playing on roads, and everybody knows how crucial his bowling was against them in Karachi. His stats against Australia in 2005 don't tell the whole story as he would've fared very well had he had any real bowling support. The only real bad series he had was against India in 2004. I'm starting to agree with Dasa here that he really is under rated if anything.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
:laugh: Absolutely. Some of the more tiresome things they can become, because everyone is both overrated and underrated in some guise or other.
I've just had an epiphany. Everything we have done so far in Cricket Chat in last 5-6 years, what's the point? How does it help mankind? How does it have any affect on the universe? What do we achieve by debating about Warne vs Murali? If Murai's action is legal? If someone is over rated or under rated? What do people think about Warne's selections? What does it all matter? Aren't we just wasting time? Or worse, aren't we just wasting cyberspace. I mean has anybody thought about the cybertrees people have to chop down so we can just discuss cricket? What's the point of it all, man?!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Absolutely nothing IMO. He did well against just about every batting line up he's played against in the past few years. Just look at his series averages since the last Asian Test Championship. The only bad figures he has are against India last year when they were playing on roads, and everybody knows how crucial his bowling was against them in Karachi. His stats against Australia in 2005 don't tell the whole story as he would've fared very well had he had any real bowling support. The only real bad series he had was against India in 2004. I'm starting to agree with Dasa here that he really is under rated if anything.
Going through those figures, I have to admit he's been good. So I have to retract my statement about his inconsistent performance (in recent years). Of course, I still stand by my statement that he's wasted his talent due to inattention to fitness levels. And he's a complete nut as a personality; someone who's actually disruptive to the team, talent or not.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I've just had an epiphany. Everything we have done so far in Cricket Chat in last 5-6 years, what's the point? How does it help mankind? How does it have any affect on the universe? What do we achieve by debating about Warne vs Murali? If Murai's action is legal? If someone is over rated or under rated? What do people think about Warne's selections? What does it all matter? Aren't we just wasting time? Or worse, aren't we just wasting cyberspace. I mean has anybody thought about the cybertrees people have to chop down so we can just discuss cricket? What's the point of it all, man?!
:laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I still stand by my statement that he's wasted his talent due to inattention to fitness levels. And he's a complete nut as a personality; someone who's actually disruptive to the team, talent or not.
Yeah completely agreed with that part. I actually quite dislike him, so that makes him the second cricketer I dislike that I've had to defend this week, what's next? Having to defend Sami?

funnygirl

State Regular
I loved Akhtar's ''series '' average against SA8-) . He bowled fanstastically throughout the
series .Especially in the 3rd test .He is so good .Thats one aspect of Akhtar .Always play well ''throughout the series ''. i retract my statement he is very very underrated .He should be among the greatest bowlers of all time .

Wasim is overrated ,because all the top batsmen agreed that he is the worst bowler they ever faced . He got 916 wickets at the international level nd a lot more at the first class level .So what? any bowler who plays that number of games will get those figures.:unsure:

Wasim is my all time favourite cricketer ,yes .Thats another story.:innocent:

Fusion

Global Moderator
NP: Let's create a separate thread about the Shoaib/Asif incident, so as not to derail this thread. I'm sure there will be some discussion about it.