• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great win lads, were starting to get back on track after that blip, lets keep it up.

Personally quite happy with 41 runs and 3-58, but i should have stayed longer in the first dig, sorry Lynchie and maybe bowled a bit better in the last innings.

More of the Same Blacks!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Again that was an unfortunate loss Reds. Our rookie batsman are really finding the grind of the season a bit tough. After an impressive start we have really hit the skids. Not to worry - we get our internationals back soon, and that should streghten our batting and bowling.
Same can be said of all teams.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Im stepping down from the next FC game at least. This is ridiculous. Time for some rookies to stand up methinks :) I refuse to participate in the next FC game unless exceptional circumstances intervene... It is completely unfair of me to keep playing in games, whilst playing in the way I am.
I will however, keep playing One-dayers if the selectors see fit, as my form has not been utterly attrocious like my FC performances.

Heart-breaking loss there Blues, Im devasted to say the least.

Great bowling by the spinners, well done with the 100 Prince!!!! V happy for you bro :happy: Go the Blues!

No Nath, we need you!! :( You certainly didn't bowl that badly.

From a personal sense that match went well, from a team sense it very nearly did, we almost got there Blues, don't feel too down-hearted. Yes we were bad 1st Innings, but we nearly came back against the best team in both forms...

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
kwek said:
my team is that to :P but you are annoying :D
I just express my joy in a different way... nothing wrong with that... plus I have show steds hes not the only cheerleader... i still have it without the reds! :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The rookies in general aren't dominating though. The fact that there are so many rookies in the system may give that illusion, but aside from one or two, the rookies have struggled a fair bit themselves, especially in terms of consistency.
When I looked the other day there were several rookies near the top of batting and bowling averages who also had several catches...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
When I looked the other day there were several rookies near the top of batting and bowling averages who also had several catches...
There are 25 rookies and 44 playing on any given day. Logic would dictate that there be rookies among the best in the league.

Of the top 10 FC bowling averages, 6 are non-rookies.
Of the top 10 FC batting averages, 4 are non-rookies.
Four of the top 5 catchers are non-rookies.

Be sensible here.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
There are 25 rookies and 44 playing on any given day. Logic would dictate that there be rookies among the best in the league.

Of the top 10 FC bowling averages, 6 are non-rookies.
Of the top 10 FC batting averages, 4 are non-rookies.
Four of the top 5 catchers are non-rookies.

Be sensible here.

its also early in the season, things could change dramatically in just a few games.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tuesday 8th February

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

The move to bring Gooljar back into the team was vindicated completely, as the legspinner ripped through the Blue middle order in spectacular fashion to claim 5 wickets and inspire victory. The Greens batted first and put up a solid showing of 250/8 in their 50 overs.

Garven and Rose did the main damage, adding 113 for the first wicket with the former going on to a half-century. Tucker, playing his first game of the season, spun 4 crucial wickets out to keep Green under control.

Man of the Match: GS Gooljar

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

In one of the most thrilling encounters of the season, Red came up just short chasing a massive 306 for victory against CW Black. It came down to 23 needed off the last 2 overs, and then 11 off the last over, but Moerk was dismissed in that final over and with him the Red chances.

Batting first, Black was boosted almost unbelievably by Loc's third consecutive hundred at the top of the order. He and Wilson pounded the bowling for 138 runs within the first 23 overs, then Bennett broke through.

Blackman then took over the charge with a lovely half-century, whilst Kearsley and Hing rallied in the last 10 overs to push on to 305/4. The Red chase started comparatively poorly with Bennett, Dauth and Dobson getting starts then getting out. It was 120/4 when Maddocks and Iyer began to rebuild. The two were sensible in notching quality half-centuries and pushing Red close.

It took an inspired quickfire innings from Moerk down the order though, as the score slid from 248/4 to 260/8 in quick time. Ultimately the Blacks held their nerve Zafar Mohammed bowled a last over of sufficient quality to finish the job.

Man of the Match: AC Loc

Attachments

Simon

ffs, very poor showing again, a lot like my 1 over 0/18, i better stop paying dave out for his bowling i think!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
A disappointing showing considering how much was riding on that match. Top effort by Tucker on debut, the rest of us have a lot less to be pleased about.