• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nice work guys, 1 win away from the title now.

Great innings from Feeney with almost everyone else getting starts. probably could have applied a little more pressure but it was enough anyway. Hoy and Cunningham both bowled brilliantly snaring 7 wickets Feeney and Malone both very solid and economical in support.

Lets finish on a high :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test players will not be available for tomorrow's 5D game, as it would be unreasonable to expect a player to finish a Test and play a 5D the next day. That said, it the CW XI gets beaten within 3 days (knock on wood) the situation will be reconsidered.

Some Test players will be available for Friday's OD.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Test players will not be available for tomorrow's 5D game, as it would be unreasonable to expect a player to finish a Test and play a 5D the next day. That said, it the CW XI gets beaten within 3 days (knock on wood) the situation will be reconsidered.

Some Test players will be available for Friday's OD.
Surely you mean if South Africa get beaten inside 3 days? Or is the next day reserved for a victory party then? ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Great stuff by Feeney, Cunningham and Hoy! Glad to have another win and going into the final feeling very confident. I'd also like to clap Lezama on the back for taking his third stumping this OD season despite spending most of it on the injury list. Taking a stumping once in every four matches is something any keeper would be very proud of.

Happy to do a little slogging near the end to push my S/R and average back up closer to what it should be. :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I swear Liam's fixing the injury sim, that's just not fair.

At all. Have to do some serious tactical thinking for the five-dayer.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Robertinho said:
That's good for me :-O. It means Wilson can't overtake me in 5D runs, with the next person, Kearsley, 120 odd runs behind... Though.. I can't deny that he could do it. Looking good for 3rd 5D run scorer, and... well.. with one match to go.. Only 20-30 runs up in OD runscorers (1st). 943 runs... can I hit 57 and make it 1000 OD runs?!

AHH well, Good effort Reds, that blasted Kearsley and his maiden OD century... :(
Why dont ya think about the team for once instead of your own personal milestones,etc.

...Anyway good effort Reds, we tried our best and just weren't good enough.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
Surely you mean if South Africa get beaten inside 3 days? Or is the next day reserved for a victory party then? ;)
Uh, yeh, that's what I meant. :p

Though if we do beat them it'd take contributions from all the batsmen and you're not going to score anything significant within 3 days...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
really looking to rip it up in the FC game. a five-wicket haul would be a dream!

go the Blues, i mean it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Richard Rash said:
When does season nine begin?
At this point in time I'd say the 9th of June. I know it sounds a long way off, but it's only about 2 months and a bit from the end of the competition this season. Plus there's an A tour in there and club cricket.

The thing is, I have serious exams from the 18th of May until the 8th of June.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Uh, yeh, that's what I meant. :p

Though if we do beat them it'd take contributions from all the batsmen and you're not going to score anything significant within 3 days...

he might well bat for 3 days though ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
At this point in time I'd say the 9th of June. I know it sounds a long way off, but it's only about 2 months and a bit from the end of the competition this season. Plus there's an A tour in there and club cricket.

The thing is, I have serious exams from the 18th of May until the 8th of June.

:-O i think you should take more break than that after your exams

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Nice win there, Feeney is batting like an absolute champ and Cunningham bowled well also. got a couple of big games comming up, so lets finish the season with a bang!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough loss there Reds. We really need to win those close ones at this time of season. We in the test side are looking on with anticipation and hoping you guys can do it! Come On Reds.