• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
bad loss guys after having the 1st innings lead it just showed how valuable Kearsly is.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Positive advertising!!!!! :D
btw nanden are you gonna post the a-z player list soon ?(green preferral :P )

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
jimbospaghetti said:
Awesoem, won my first game!

Happy to be assigned to this team, pretty satisfied with first match but too bad I couldn't get 50 runs.
Welcome to the team, mate - a good batsman, just what we needed :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
Almost the perfect allrounder. 25 in the field.
Good thing he can't count in multiples of 3 ;) If he had a brain with those skills he'd be lethal...

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
OK I want in to!

First Name: John
Last Name: Currie
Initials: MJC
Handedness (LHB/RHB): LH Bat, LH Bowl
Keeper? No
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): LAS
General Batting position (1-11): 7

Batting Avge: 29.5
Bowling Avge: 11.62963
Bowling Econ. (optional): 2.927739
Batting SR (FC cricket): 51
Fielding rating: 25

Email Address: blaze@cricketmail.net
Welcome to Cricket Web Blue.:) It's unlikely you'll get more than 1 OD game this season, but stick around for next season, though you may not necessarily be at Blue. We've a few too many spinners atm.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Welcome to Cricket Web Blue.:) It's unlikely you'll get more than 1 OD game this season, but stick around for next season, though you may not necessarily be at Blue. We've a few too many spinners atm.
Man this is quite funny most sqauds i've been in the past haven't had more then two spinners, this squad has 5 or something. Maybe it is time to import some pitches from India/Sri Lanka and play a four man spin attack :D. I doubt Nath or Collins would be too happy though.

So whn the 1Dayer played can't wait for my 1st game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Wednesday 16th March

CW Green v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

Cricket Web Green made its push to seal the OD title with a good win over Blue at the Dome. The Blue spinners did well in limiting Green to 255/5, but it proved enough by 15 runs. For the Greens, Alex Feeney played a lovely innings, scoring at good pace with sublime timing, especially through the covers.

Blue lost Young and de Silva very early and never really recovered fully. Crampton and Wilshere did their best though. The pair added 76 and both batsmen looked good, then Malone intervened to have the latter LBW. Wilshere continued though, in the form of his career, and got to another OD half-century, before nicking a flash outside the offstump.

As the Blues approached their target, the tail end simply collapsed. Cunningham and Hoy managed to share 7 wickets. Feeney followed up his batting performance with a superb show of accuracy and economy in his 10-over spell.

Man of the Match: A Feeney

CW Red v CW Black
at the SCG

David Kearsley epitomized the heart of the Blacks and scored a maiden One Day hundred to almost single-handedly take his team to the target of 262 set by Red. In blazing heat and high humidity, Kearsley played an innings that saw him hit the first ball of the final over for six, then collapse onto his knees in exhaustion, the game won.

The victory keeps Black alive in the OD race, heading into the preview of the OD final, against CW Green. It also eliminated Red from contention, ending a spirited run.

Red batted first and the top order was met with Chris Broadbent in form. The seamer had Stedman, Bennett and Markus, though the latter two played decent cameos. McMahon, on OD debut, entered and proceeded to authoritatively smash the bowlers about, before playing over a Wilson slower delivery. The score was later 135/6, but Dauth and Maddocks blended youth and experience and redeemed it with a 94-run stand. Ultimately the Reds were all out for 261.

Black wasted no time in instating the dramatic scenario for Kearsley's masterpiece. Loc, Mohammed and Jones were quickly out - 42/3. Things went from bad to worse, and later it was 85/5. Hing stuck around with Kearsley though and the two batted very intelligently to add 70 runs. When Hing missed a Bennett low full toss, the score was 155/6, with Red still very much in control. The fight was still there though.

Thompson and Kearsley put on a further 76 runs and the game was classically poised - 231/7 - as the former made his way back. Still needing 31 runs from 33 balls, the Reds still counted themselves in it. Sangrah Bhatia cast aside his disappointment with the ball and rotated the strike clinically, handing it over to Kearsley for the final over with 5 needed.

Watt charged in, and the rest is history.

Man of the Match: DA Kearsley
The tied result between Green and Blue will be shared with two points apiece. That means that 1 point is added to each team's total before the ruling. The importance of that point to Green is beyond words.

Heading into the final OD game, the drama is clear and present. Both Black and Green search for the OD title and peas separate the teams on NRR. Black must defeat Green and deny a bonus point to secure the title, whereas Green only needs a bonus point to claim it.

What a season!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Wilson OUT, Black Set Back

In a cruel twist of fate, Mike Wilson will miss the remainder of the season for Cricket Web Black with a calf strain. Wilson sustained the injury amidst being run out against the Reds.

This is a huge blow to the title hopes of Black and their charge is all the more difficult, as they are already set to be missing Neil Pickup to the Test team for their crucial OD game against the Greens . Cricket Web Green also will feature an understrength team of sorts, with Brendon Goff potentially unavailable due to the Test to be played later in the week.

There is word that Chris Butler and Xavier Rose may be allowed to play for their respective sides though. Confirmation from the CWBCC to come.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
That's good for me :-O. It means Wilson can't overtake me in 5D runs, with the next person, Kearsley, 120 odd runs behind... Though.. I can't deny that he could do it. Looking good for 3rd 5D run scorer, and... well.. with one match to go.. Only 20-30 runs up in OD runscorers (1st). 943 runs... can I hit 57 and make it 1000 OD runs?!

AHH well, Good effort Reds, that blasted Kearsley and his maiden OD century... :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Nice win lads, good to get back in the OD arena for a run out - well done to Kears, keeping the dream alive - 4 straight wins from here will be agreeable