• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Gower's Top 50 Cricketers of All Time

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
1. Don Bradman
2. Garry Sobers
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Shane Warne
5. Viv Richards
6. Brian Lara
7. Jack Hobbs
8. Wally Hammond
9. Malcolm Marshall
10. W.G. Grace
11. Imran Khan
12. Ian Botham
13. Sydney Barnes
14. Jacques Kallis
15. Barry Richards
16. Dennis Lillee
17. Len Hutton
18. Wilfred Rhodes
19. Richie Benaud
20. Denis Compton
21. Keith Miller
22. Bill O' Reilly
23. Andy Roberts
24. Richard Hadlee
25. Graeme Pollock
26. Sunil Gavaskar
27. Wasim Akram
28. Allan Border
29. Glenn McGrath
30. Muttiah Muralitharan
31. George Headley
32. Curtley Ambrose
33. Javed Miandad
34. Ricky Ponting
35. Frank Worrell
36. Herbert Sutcliffe
37. Greg Chappell
38. Fred Tru,an
39. AB De Villiers
40. Dale Steyn
41. Kumar Sangakkara
42. Adam Gilchrist
43. Ray Lindwall
44. Harold Larwood
45. Joel Harner
46. Virender Sehwag
47. Kevin Pietersen
48. Kapil Dev
49. Jeff Thomson
50. Alan Knott

Not going to the ranking, no two ranking of such vast timeframe would ever match. But omission-wise what is your take? Brushed through the list just now. I don't see Michael Holding, Rahul Dravid and Steve Waugh...but I see bowlers and batsmen way below their rank made it to the list. Any other serious omissions?

BazBall21

International Regular
Good list. Check out CMJ's top 100 published in 2009 for some controversial decisions.

Everton Weekes, Allan Donald and Waqar Younis more eye-catching omissions here too.

ashley bach

International Captain
Waqar Younis, Allan Donald, Bob Willis, Courtney Walsh, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Matthew Hayden, Clive Lloyd

subshakerz

International Coach
Honestly I feel these pundits shouldnt go more than their top ten or 15. Beyond that it just gets messy and just harder to rank justifiably