• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Development League

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Dunn
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS): RD
Handedness: LHB
Keeper? Y/N: Yes
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): OS/M
General Batting position (1-11): 7 or 8

Batting Avge: 5.17
Bowling Avge: 29.30
Bowling Econ. (optional): 2.34

Batting SR (FC cricket): 87.8
Fielding rating: 18

Email Address: pinchy81@hotmail.com

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd make yourself a medium, if I were you. From all reports, there are enough spinners going around to last a lifetime.

pinchy81

but i've done spin most of my playing carrer and just took up medium's again recently howabout medium with slight spin at the same time and i also keep wicket

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
pinchy81 said:
but i've done spin most of my playing carrer and just took up medium's again recently howabout medium with slight spin at the same time and i also keep wicket
you have more chance getting a game as medo.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
pinchy81 said:
fine i'll be a medium
Sorry mate, we might have been sounding a bit "forceful" - but if you chose to be a spinner, chances are that you'd be waiting a lot longer for a game than what you would be as a medium pace bowler, especially condsidering that:

- most of the pitches in CWLand are better suited to pace bowlers
- most sides will play at least three pace bowlers per game
- we have a plethora of spinners going around at the moment

In other words, we're just trying to give you a slight push in the right direction if you want to get a game as soon as possible for whatever team you get placed in. :)

pinchy81

vic_orthdox said:
Sorry mate, we might have been sounding a bit "forceful" - but if you chose to be a spinner, chances are that you'd be waiting a lot longer for a game than what you would be as a medium pace bowler, especially condsidering that:

- most of the pitches in CWLand are better suited to pace bowlers
- most sides will play at least three pace bowlers per game
- we have a plethora of spinners going around at the moment

In other words, we're just trying to give you a slight push in the right direction if you want to get a game as soon as possible for whatever team you get placed in. :)
k thanks for the help but why can't i just do both or none and just keep on wicketkeeping?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
pinchy81 said:
k thanks for the help but why can't i just do both or none and just keep on wicketkeeping?
You could change your stats to be a keeper/batsman I guess (if you want)

pinchy81

cricketboy29 said:
I dont actually understand why so many people bowl spin. I always thought the majority would be pace bowlers..
i think it is because that spin takes less time and less energy

cricketboy29

International Regular
And I guess depends on your temperament as well. I mean, if a fast bowler gets hit for four, nex ball is inevitably a effort ball, be it bouncer or yorker. What do spinners do, toss it up higher?:p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricketboy29 said:
And I guess depends on your temperament as well. I mean, if a fast bowler gets hit for four, nex ball is inevitably a effort ball, be it bouncer or yorker. What do spinners do, toss it up higher?:p
Or push one through flatter and quicker, or spin it the other way, hold it back slightly,,,

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I used to bowl leg spin when I was about 10. Took a hat trick as well. But I changed to seam the next year ;)

(...because I was actually quite crap at spin bowling and that hat trick was a fluke. Simon can attest that my spin bowling is much worse than my seam bowling...)

pinchy81

NZTailender said:
I used to bowl leg spin when I was about 10. Took a hat trick as well. But I changed to seam the next year ;)

(...because I was actually quite crap at spin bowling and that hat trick was a fluke. Simon can attest that my spin bowling is much worse than my seam bowling...)
same here except i was in grade 7 playing for the school and i couldn't take any more wickets so i went to medium though i do bowl a slight offie now and again

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Hmm...It's funny how we all started as spin bowlers, and then changed over to pace. (That was my clumsy way of saying, I started out bowling spin as well)