• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Development League

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
maybe some senior players can sit out of grade cricket so that the rookies get more of a chance?
That would be the obvious solution I think... other than more grade teams. I don't see why international stars who play both tests and ODIs would need to play grade cricket when their domestic side has a bye anyway.

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
How long does it take to sim grade cricket (per game if possible) at the moment? The same two hours?
Not long really, about 10 mins per game. Hardest part is dealing with distraction and writing the reports (I'm not very quick at deciding what to report.)

TBH though, I don't mind, it was more of a joke than a serious concern.

FaaipDeOiad said:
That would be the obvious solution I think... other than more grade teams. I don't see why international stars who play both tests and ODIs would need to play grade cricket when their domestic side has a bye anyway.
That's true, those who play both ODI and Tests are unlikely to play grade. We do plan to introduce two more grade sides next season if the player pool is large enough.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Might be an idea to set it at the start of each season to assume that you will be getting an additional [x] amount of players before the season is over. How many that will be is something I don't know. Probably around 15-20, at a guess? Depends on how many more friends Beamer has. :p

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
Might be an idea to set it at the start of each season to assume that you will be getting an additional [x] amount of players before the season is over. How many that will be is something I don't know. Probably around 15-20, at a guess? Depends on how many more friends Beamer has. :p
Beamer has been a problem :p
We simply weren't expecting such an influx of players. Besides, there are only so many cities in CW :p

i'm sorry lads!!!!

i won't tell anyone else and leave you lot to get on with the same teams!!

i think the players who play in odi's and tests should not play in grade or some players who don't come on regularly get left out!!

David

International 12th Man
Bowl-A-Beamer said:
i'm sorry lads!!!!

i won't tell anyone else and leave you lot to get on with the same teams!!

i think the players who play in odi's and tests should not play in grade or some players who don't come on regularly get left out!!
It's all good mate, the more the merrier, just having a joke!

I was personally hoping the CWBCC would prevent some players from playing grade. I think perhaps those who play both forms internationally shouldn't play, but that's not up to me, I'm not going to deny them the use of a facility that was set up for everyone. Let's be honest here, I wanted to play grade too ;) gives me something to do whilst OD games are being played.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
tabby said:
First Name:Sam
Last Name:Lowings
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS):S.L
Handedness (LHB/RHB):LHB
Keeper? Y/N N
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M):Chinaman
General Batting position (1-11):4

Batting Avge:30
Bowling Avge:29
Bowling Econ. (optional):2.0

Batting SR (FC cricket):100
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.)15

Email Address:samlowings4@hotmail.com
You've been signed for Stedingham Jets, effective from the 14 March round of games.

buxx

Cricket Spectator
First Name:James
Last Name:Buxton
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS):JB
Handedness (LHB/RHB):RHB
Keeper? Y/N:N
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M):F
General Batting position (1-11):10

Batting Avge:23
Bowling Avge:25
Bowling Econ. (optional):2.9

Batting SR (FC cricket):67
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.):24

Email Address:avengedsevenfold_bux@hotmail.co.uk

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
buxx said:
First Name:James
Last Name:Buxton
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS):JB
Handedness (LHB/RHB):RHB
Keeper? Y/N:N
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M):F
General Batting position (1-11):10

Batting Avge:23
Bowling Avge:25
Bowling Econ. (optional):2.9

Batting SR (FC cricket):67
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.):24

Email Address:avengedsevenfold_bux@hotmail.co.uk
Welcome to the system.

You've been assigned to CW Green.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I think that Green have dibs on the next couple of players.
yeah i thin we are 2 players down on one team and 3 down on the rest at the moment, -1 on those for Mr Buxton :)