• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Development League

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
Hey Liam can you ask for stats adjustments mid season or do you have to wait to the end of the season?
Only at the end of the season. The less database updates I have to do, the better.

Mr Mxyzptlk

legspinner said:
First Name:Luke
Last Name:Shoveller
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS):LS
Handedness (LHB/RHB):RHB
Keeper? Y/N:N
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M):LS
General Batting position (1-11):9

Batting Avge:10
Bowling Avge:25
Bowling Econ. (optional):3.42

Batting SR (FC cricket):55
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.)
Email Address: luke@cricketmail.net

OK DONE!
Welcome to the system. :)

You'll be offered to captains first up (particularly Colts and Blue) then signed by or assigned to a team. Stick around, as you'll be in a team within 24 hours.

legspinner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ok thanks, im not useless because i have two-Thousand posts on another site so dont think i am just here for the fun of it!

(Well i am,oh i will just shut up now!):laugh:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Considering we already have tight competition for spinning spots in a team with an already strong bowling lineup, I'm happy if CW Blue want to take on Shoveller.

Loony BoB

International Captain
We already have three spinners and a few batsmen capable of bowling part time spin. :) Sorry, but since it's very rare that we get international callups, depth in our squad only means players sitting on a bench for long periods - especially when they aren't able to bat, given that batting is our weaker department that we're trying to build on.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I just think it would be better for yourself and the Dev League as a whole if you were to join a side where you have a better chance of actually playing a game. ;) Particularly when Blue can't even manage a full 13 in the team naming thread.

Mr Mxyzptlk

legspinner said:
Ok thanks, im not useless because i have two-Thousand posts on another site so dont think i am just here for the fun of it!

(Well i am,oh i will just shut up now!):laugh:
Blue is interested in signing you, but you'd be the understudy to Tom Halsey (350+ FC wickets, 130+ OD wickets) and you would be the third choice spinner (as we made moves in the offseason to ensure Matt Currie a season as the number 2 guy). You'd at least be playing Grade Cricket constantly though, as players not picked for the Blue first XI play here. You will get some first team game time at some during the season, mind.

You up for it?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Another bloody leggie. I think this influx is through Sean Bennett's spell in Dev League. Idol to millions of kids in CWLand is that man.

Loony BoB

International Captain
steds said:
Another bloody leggie. I think this influx is through Sean Bennett's spell in Dev League. Idol to millions of kids in CWLand is that man.
Clearly, steds. Clearly ;)

It is a bit of a trouble, though, to be honest. I'm finding it real hard to manage three "full time" spinners in our sides, I can only imagine what it's like for sides who already have four (I'm guessing at least one of them must do). Just wait, soon enough we'll have a grade side fielding 11 of 'em.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
Clearly, steds. Clearly ;)

It is a bit of a trouble, though, to be honest. I'm finding it real hard to manage three "full time" spinners in our sides, I can only imagine what it's like for sides who already have four (I'm guessing at least one of them must do). Just wait, soon enough we'll have a grade side fielding 11 of 'em.
I've read that Black has at least 32 spinners. Haven't investigated how true that is, but I believe everything I read...

Loony BoB

International Captain
I guess there's not much we can do about it but hope that a lot of them turn into half-decent batsmen. :p

EDIT: Just thinking... if most of the players from this season remain active (probably a big 'if' mind you), we'll probably be set for a 6th team (15 players per squad) next season already, and it's only round one so far in this season.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Where's Gooljar ply his trade these days? I'd like him to come home to Reds, but would that be unfair to Logananthanon?

Loony BoB

International Captain
He was? News to me, especially considering it's often mentioned that they can barely put a side together. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Gooljar is the rounder version of Langley. Both have been tossed around the Dev League so frequently that it's almost unfair.

Worth noting that I never officially closed trading, so it's technically still open. The CWBCC will tentatively leave trading open for the entire season, just to see how things go. This, considering that trading rarely occurs during the mid-season trading periods anyway.

EDIT: He's listed in the latest Black team I think.