• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of Batsmen (Tests)

gftw

U19 12th Man
I came across a thread of this being done about 15 years ago, so thought it would be interesting to do it again to see how the results may change. The goal of this exercise will to come up with an official CW list of test batsmen. I will probably go till at least #25, but possibly more. I'll also skip #1, since its pretty obvious who would win that one.

The List
1. Don Bradman

List your #2 test batsmen of all time.

gftw

U19 12th Man
Sobers

(Please clarify eligibility before the inevitable Grace/Barry debates)
Hmm, I'm not sure what eligibility rules to add. If you guys want a specific eligibility rule, just let me know and I'll add it in as long as the majority is in favor of the rule.

ataraxia

International Coach
Hmm, I'm not sure what eligibility rules to add. If you guys want a specific eligibility rule, just let me know and I'll add it in as long as the majority is in favor of the rule.
Just to clarify whether this is based on past tests or whether it is based on how players would perform in hypothetical tests.

gftw

U19 12th Man
Just to clarify whether this is based on past tests or whether it is based on how players would perform in hypothetical tests.
It's up to you guys. I'm assuming y'all will want to go with the hypothetical tests option so you can pick guys like B.Richards, so I guess we can go with that option.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Love it if there is variety instead of a boring one sided contest. Surprised noone has voted for Steve Smith so far. Stocks down.