• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWC Pre-Season: T20 Mini-Series

DJellett

International Debutant
T20 Trial Match Three
CWC Trial XI A vs CWC Trial XI B

Day 1, Match 3 saw a number of players eager to make an impression before the day was out; and with the B side yet to register a win, stakes were a little higher than one would expect in such a match.

Trial XI A batted first for the 3rd time in succesion, and a slightly tinkered order saw new opening partnership Ames and Townsend looking to dominate from the outset. Brilliant captaincy from Trial B leader JD Hurricane made this a tough ask, rotating his bowlers regularly and taking the initiative away from the batting side. The A's struggled throughout, with only a slight rallying partnership from Monk and Wayne of any note. Spin twins Fagina and Beaver proved a slippery prospect, time and again beating the bat and generally troubling the batsmen. Fast man Morne Morkel was at times unplayable in a ferocious spell, leading the bowlers in limiting Trial XI A to 8/90.

Du toit and Ingram would have been looking for a positive start to a relatively small chase; they had not counted on the pressure created by Wisney and Yamadera with the new ball. The pair led a disciplined attack, with all the bowlers chipping in to create the pressure and captain Lewis the only man unrewarded. Despite the strong bowling performance, defending such a meagre total was always going to be diffuclt; and when Trial B captain JD Hurricane started to settle, deflecting the pressure from his team-mates in the process, the B's looked to be in a good position to record their first victory.

MOTM: JD Hurricane

Attachments

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Day 2 will commence tomorrow, with CWC Trial XI B hosting the A's for the return fixture of 3 games - and eager to settle to score.

Captains, please have your sides in ASAP - if they are not submitted in roughly the next 12 hours, an XI will be selected for you.
Please remember the actual results are of little consequence at the moment, and ensure every player in the squad is getting match time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
For tomorrow's games similar line ups to today.

Match 1

# PLAYER NAME BAT BOWL STYLE ROLE
1 O du Toit 100 0 NOR OPEN
2 P Ingram 41 0 AGG OPEN
3 H Mork 100 0 DEF
4 JD Hurricane 100 0 NOR BAT c
5 J Howe 100 0 AGG WK wk
6 I Narang 60 40 AGG A/R 6
7 S Zadran 30 70 AGG A/R 5
8 S Delev 25 75 AGG FAST 3
9 A Fagina 10 90 AGG SPIN 4
10 M Hunt 1 99 AGG FAST 2
11 A Sharma 0 100 AGG FAST 1

Match 2

2 P Ingram 41 0 AGG OPEN
3 H Mork 100 0 DEF
5 J Howe 100 0 AGG WK wk
8 S Delev 25 75 AGG FAST 3
9 H Beaver 7 93 AGG SPIN 4
10 M Morkel 1 99 NOR FAST 2
11 A Sharma 0 100 AGG FAST 1

Match 3

2 P Ingram 41 0 AGG OPEN
3 H Mork 100 0 DEF
5 J Howe 100 0 AGG WK wk
8 A Fagina 10 90 AGG SPIN 3
9 H Beaver 7 93 AGG SPIN 4
10 M Morkel 1 99 NOR FAST 2
11 M Hunt 1 99 AGG FAST 1

Spark

Global Moderator
MOTM with my truly epic, earthshattering 48*

Though I can't say I've ever opened in my life before; must be the anti-voodoo.

EDIT: Noticed I made a single digit score at 5, indeed.

---

Great stuff getting this running btw, though could you possibly copy paste the scorecards into the post rather than attaching them? Use code tags.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better economy, although I did notice Team A failed to score runs efficiently.

DJellett

International Debutant
Day Two, Game 1 set to commence shortly - Trial XI A captain C. Lewis (Prince EWS) has not submitted a team, and one will be automatically selected for him.

CWC Trial XI B
1. O du Toit
2. P Ingram
3. H Mork
4. JD Hurricane (c)
5. J Howe (wk)
6. I Narang
7. S Zadran
8. S Delev
9. A Fagina
10. M Hunt
11. A Sharma