• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWC Official Captaincy Elections

Who is your number 1 preference for captaincy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might I make a suggestion? Given that people had already voted before it came apparent that people were entering as a joint ballot...that you re-start the voting process? And that the ballot be for Captaincy only, with the captain to select their VC? Bit late of me to be talking about this I realise (thought about it the other day, them promptly forgot to mention it :p) but just seems to me like a process were a captain and vice-captain are potentially forced upon each other is a bit silly?
We've not got many options left anyway.

Hurricane/Wayne
Howe/Spark
Sharma
Delev
Morkel

I'm guessing two of the remaining three will end up a captain/VC team as such and only one person will miss out then.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Code:
JD Hurricane (Hurricane)
C Lewis (Prince EWS)
DB Wayne (rvd619323)
A Sharma (Daemon)
P Spark (Spark)
M Morkel (MrPrez)
J Howe (Howe_zat)
S Delev (Johnners)
Who is the oldest non-subcontinental guy from the list?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've not got many options left anyway.

Hurricane/Wayne
Howe/Spark
Sharma
Delev
Morkel

I'm guessing two of the remaining three will end up a captain/VC team as such and only one person will miss out then.
Yeah, don't mind me, was a point that should've been raised a few days ago to have any meaning - just keen to get it going now.

DJellett

International Debutant
Might I make a suggestion? Given that people had already voted before it came apparent that people were entering as a joint ballot...that you re-start the voting process? And that the ballot be for Captaincy only, with the captain to select their VC? Bit late of me to be talking about this I realise (thought about it the other day, them promptly forgot to mention it :p) but just seems to me like a process were a captain and vice-captain are potentially forced upon each other is a bit silly?
Given that at this point only the votes towards Spark make any difference in the matter, those whom initially voted for Spark may vote a second time on any other candidate - but please note the dual candidacy nominations, contained in the original post.

Those who may vote a second time (as their initial Spark vote is now void) are:
Howe_zat, Johnners, Prince EWS

And just to re-itirate; C Lewis, DB Wayne and P Spark are no longer valid voting options.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Code:
JD Hurricane (Hurricane)
C Lewis (Prince EWS)
DB Wayne (rvd619323)
A Sharma (Daemon)
P Spark (Spark)
M Morkel (MrPrez)
J Howe (Howe_zat)
S Delev (Johnners)
Who is the oldest non-subcontinental guy from the list?
Hurricane by a long way.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm running with Johnners as well. Prez is the only one alone so we may as well kick him out now and be done with it.

DJellett

International Debutant
I'm running with Johnners as well. Prez is the only one alone so we may as well kick him out now and be done with it.
Which is the captain/vice captain in your bid?

It is up to MrPrez if he is happy to concede; up until then, he remains a valid candidate.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Gelmatron please note - your vote for C Lewis is invalid as he has withdrawn from candidacy. Please vote for another candidate, from the following options:

JD Hurricane (Hurricane) - with DB Wayne (rvd619323) as vice captain
J Howe (Howe_zat) - with P Spark (Spark) as vice captain
S Delev (Johnners) - with A Sharma (Daemon) as vice captain
M Morkel (MrPrez)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Would've voted for Howe/Spark if they hadn't shown Red tendencies (the colour).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.