• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft Premier League Quarterfinal 1 AZH vs Ataraxia

Vote a winner to go through to semis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Match-upTeam 1Team 2VenuePitch Conditions
1AndyZaltzHairvsAtaraxiaLord's, UKA flat batting track and both teams are expected to make a huge score. It looks like even 200 could be difficult to defend here

Ataraxia

1) Don Bradman* /
2) Jack Hobbs /
3) Sachin Tendulkar / (7)
4) Victor Trumper /
5) Denis Compton / (6)
6) Keith Miller o / (3)
7) Alan Knott + /
8) Vernon Philander o / (1)
9) Malcolm Marshall o / (2)
10) Clarrie Grimmett o (4)
11) Ewen Chatfield o (5)

A supreme batting lineup able to chase down just about anything is paired with a good bowling attack, with two very economical bowlers in there.

AZH

1. Zaheer Abbas
2. Kumar Sangakkara [+]
3. Aravinda de Silva
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Jonty Rhodes [Point]
6. Allan Lamb
7. Carl Hooper [5]
8. Mitchell Starc [2]
9. Adil Rashid [4]
10. Jasprit Bumrah [3]
11. Lasith Malinga [1]

Reserves: Allan Border

Poll closes in 5 days

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Super close - almost voted for AZH - indeed I had voted for AZH for a minute but think 4 overs from a 5th bowler on a flat batting track could be difficult. I prefer the 4 frontline bowlers and probably prefer AZH's side as a T20 side as a whole but Keith Miller at 6 - especially his bowling won it for me.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ataraxia has crazily good batting and AZH has a gun bowling attack with 3 of the best quicks in T20 history. Narrowly voting for the former on the basis of the 'flat batting track' and the thought of Bradman and Trumper running riot on it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thought I'd wander on over for a look at these and it looks like I might need someone to explain the stipulations of the draft to me, since one side has a good half a dozen of the top ten cricketers of all time, and the other has Adil Rashid and Carl Hooper

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought I'd wander on over for a look at these and it looks like I might need someone to explain the stipulations of the draft to me, since one side has a good half a dozen of the top ten cricketers of all time, and the other has Adil Rashid and Carl Hooper
@Howe_zat it is a t20 match that will be played between these two teams. We will need to do a guesstimate for test and odi players if they would have done well in this t20 match, then judge both teams and vote accordingly.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Super close - almost voted for AZH - indeed I had voted for AZH for a minute but think 4 overs from a 5th bowler on a flat batting track could be difficult. I prefer the 4 frontline bowlers and probably prefer AZH's side as a T20 side as a whole but Keith Miller at 6 - especially his bowling won it for me.
JOJO captured it perfectly here. Two superb teams and I like the line-up in both teams. Lack of options in squad biting AZH here with the 5th bowler being better for Ataraxia. 4 overs is huge in T20 and getting those overs from Hooper and De Silva on a flat track will be bit of a challenge for the captain. Otherwise, the two teams are equally matched.

Howe_zat

Audio File
@Howe_zat it is a t20 match that will be played between these two teams. We will need to do a guesstimate for test and odi players if they would have done well in this t20 match, then judge both teams and vote accordingly.
That makes sense but I feel a greater level of justification is required for picking Carl Hooper, so I went for the old boys