• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Cricket Awards 2016

listento_me

U19 Captain
So, this has been my first year here, been around for a couple months but I was wondering does the forum have yearly cricketing awards? I reckon we could do a better job than the ICC in putting together an annual award (covering all matches played in the calendar year for 2016). Let me know if anyone wants to get on board, I'd like a panel of 5 "judges" (myself included), hopefully representing a handful of different countries and we can then come up with a shortlist as the year ends and obviously give out various awards.

So lemme know if its a good idea and anyone wants to take part?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket awards are boring. The CW awards should be about the forum. Categories like funniest post, most tasteless joke, worst new Precam multi etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cricket awards are boring. The CW awards should be about the forum. Categories like funniest post, most tasteless joke, worst new Precam multi etc.
This was what I assumed it was when I saw the first saw the thread, didn't even notice the "cricket" bit

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only cricket awards that matter have long been bagged by Anushka Sharma and Jeanne Kietzmann.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Forum awards are bollocks and beneath a true intellectual like me.

Anyway, shady's up for judging. If no one else gets in touch probably by tonight or tomorrow it'll just be us two.

cnerd123

likes this
The awards should be run by someone who isn't likely to win one; just to avoid bias/a guy overlooking himself cuz he is the host

Therefore listento_me running it actually makes sense.