• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (End of Season 8)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy31 said:
Is the line-up for 5D bowling XI in batting order? Coz i think i should be batting higher then 11.
Haha. Behind Demeza!

No, I think it's in order of where you were picked... in other words you were the 11th best bowler in the year, Demeza was 10th, Pickup was 8th etc. The batting order will be up to Neil.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I've been told that we have from 24/03 to 30/03 (inclusive), giving us seven days - just enough for four days of OD series and then the three one-off games.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Haha. Behind Demeza!

No, I think it's in order of where you were picked... in other words you were the 11th best bowler in the year, Demeza was 10th, Pickup was 8th etc. The batting order will be up to Neil.
Weird, I took the 7th most wickets in the league I think, and finished 4th in the ratings at the end (yeah, i played less games ;)) how's that 10th in the ranks? How were the teams picked, just for my info? :)

Ahh well....anyone batting lower than me should be ashamed.

Haha.

Loony BoB

International Captain
The following was taken into account: Rating (5D only), Average, Strike Rate (I think this was for batting only, not sure as I deleted the spreadsheet), Total runs/wickets, Economy rate (OD bowling only).

The order listed above is fairly messed up as it started with the XI being in the order of batting average (highest to lowest) and then as some people never signed up, the 12th/13th/etc people all moved up the order and I just threw them in at the end. It doesn't matter anyway, though, the captain will decide such things. I really would love to see Pickup and Demeza open together, though. :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
50 players signed up, so there are two squads with 13 players.

As for captain, I've set it so that it could be one of the following...
1) The CW Dev League Captains
2) The CW Dev League Vice Captains (and since Wright isn't involved, Moerk, Markus and Bennett are in the remaining team so one of them would have to step up)
3) Someone else! Could be anyone really.

Notable that the Batting XI vs. Bowling XI OD captains are in the same OD Series Squad as well as the Dev League XI and CW Bar XI captains! The games start in a couple of days though so we have one day to decide on that and another to get the captains to send in their tactics etc.
What about the CWXI Captain :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
What about the CWXI Captain :p
I considered cutting Blewy up into four different parts and having each part captain a different side, but I decided against it.

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nice to see that like in every other form of cricket this season, I can't get a game... 8-)

Good luck to the other Blues guys in the series, all for a good cause, hopefully we can raise some money for the Bar...errr, I mean charities :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol im sure its just a mistake and you will be in a squad before the day is out, squad B would welcome any additions im quite sure ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Me with Pete again?! Hm, this time I have a feeling he'll outperform me...

Captains are the usual Dev League captains, I suppose?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, after thinking about it, I'm going with using the normal captains. Didn't give enough time for organising anything else, unfortunately.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Much as I'd love to open with Travis, I want revenge for last year's beatings! Don't worry, we'll have a play with the order and positions in the OD series.

Bowling XI (FC)
DM Kennett
S Bhatia
BC Cunningham +
MW Wilson
TC Halsey
TV Weber
NA Borcich
DJ Watt
NS Hoy
NS Pickup *
TJ Demeza
12th Man: AAA Collins (CW Blue)

Opening bowlers: Bhatia and Hoy, but don't be afraid to switch people around and keep people fresh - look for those of us who hit our straps in each innings and keep them on more. Our batting's far stronger than last year, let's hope we can do it!

Bowling XI (OD)
LA Camps
RJ Malone +
MW Wilson
BC Cunningham
CP Thompson
DK Rai
TV Weber
GS Gooljar
NA Borcich
NS Hoy
NS Pickup *
12th Man: TJ Demeza (CW Blue)

Hoy and Camps to take the new ball, but again, it's damn hard to choose the bowling attack blind and in advance. With an ODI opening pair and a stroke-hungry top order, we could really hurt the batting XI :)

Don

State Vice-Captain
so i guess liam is in charge then.can i be vc.so does it mean that i had the 4th highest batting average