• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (End of Season 8)

Hoggy31

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Squad C Game 1:

Malone
Wilson
Dauth
Wilshere
Crampton (wk)
Towns
Robbins
Halsey
Hoy
Borcich
Demeza

Bowling:
Hoy and Borcich, Demeza, Robbins, Wilson, Halsey, Malone
Happy to be in a team with those names and to be opening the bowling with the likes of Hoy.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Squad C Game 1:

Malone
Wilson
Dauth
Wilshere
Crampton (wk)
Towns
Robbins
Halsey
Hoy
Borcich
Demeza

Bowling:
Hoy and Borcich, Demeza, Robbins, Wilson, Halsey, Malone
Damn.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st Charity Matches : The Battle of the Alphabet

Team A vs Team B
Team B 231/7 (50 Overs)
Team A 232/7 (47.5 Overs)
Team A won by 3 wickets.

Team C vs Team D
Team D 232/4 (50 Overs)
Team C 210 ao (47.2 Overs)
Team D won by 22 runs.

Vote for your Man of the Match for each game.

Wet conditions at both venues, but we still managed to get two full games in and, although bat did not dominate ball as some may have liked, the spectators saw some superb tight cricket from all four sides.

Attachments

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Good to have a hit-out. Shame I couldn't get an edged six for charity (I bet there were extra prices for me getting a six ;)) and perhaps a bit of a shame we lost, but it was all good fun. :)

Hopefully I won't go out of Test form, either. ;)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
although bat did not dominate ball as some may have liked.
IMO the spectators must have been well pleased at what they saw, they've seen bat hammer ball all season in OD, it must have been nice for a change to see some good spells of bowling. I should imagine the nominated charities are pretty pleased as well with the capacity crowds.

Roll on the next matches!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
Good to have a hit-out. Shame I couldn't get an edged six for charity (I bet there were extra prices for me getting a six ;)) and perhaps a bit of a shame we lost, but it was all good fun. :)

Hopefully I won't go out of Test form, either. ;)
With 47 coming off 75 balls, I'd think not.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Team D XII for 2nd game

Blaze said:
Liam whens the next set of matches?..hopefully I get a run in one of the remaining games
DP Richards (CW Black) (captain)
AP Chaulk (CW Black)
DJ Watt (CW Red)
GN Nayak (CW Black)
MJC Currie (CW Blue)
T Loganathan (CW Blue)
TV Weber (CW Green)
GAJ Armstrong (CW Green)
JE Stedman (CW Red)
MW DeSilva (CW Blue)
A Lezama (CW Green) +

12th Man: PR Sajith (CW Green)
13th Man: LA Camps (CW Blue)

Practically a rotated batting lineup, with Currie and Chaulk into the team and Sajith and Camps resting out. Dave Richards is set to captain the side.

Bowling order:

GN Nayak and JE Stedman
DJ Watt and DP Richards
TV Weber and MJC Currie
AP Chaulk and GAJ Armstrong
T Loganathan and MW DeSilva

Particularly looking forward to how Mr. Chaulk goes.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You'll get a go behind the stumps. No promises about overs, though.

Well bowled Simon and Kears - the marmite comes to the rescue once again - and some top batting from Xav, Sean and little Jamee, too... will name the team for the second game shortly, everyone who missed out first time (there are only so many liberties one can take when Garven's the other skipper) will get a run...

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wha hoa!!

veeeeeeeery crap bowling from myself, really let it all fall apart with that 17-run last over! I Got smacked from Thompson pretty bad... Well bowled to the spinners (Fitzy, youve done it again!).

MOTM for mine was Fuller, the only guy to get past 50. Gray played a vital innings, and I was very proud to score the winning runs :) :)

cant wait til next game... maybe, we`ll see if my bowling is any good! :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Squad A to take on Squad C
BJ Goff (CW Green)
T Mamesh (No Squad)
SE Fuller (CW Blue)
DA Kearsley (CW Black)
DK Rai (CW Green)
GKK Dobson (CW Red)
SG Fitzsimmons (CW Blue)
XPA Rose (CW Green)
DY Dubb-Lynch (CW Black)
JR Gray (CW Green) +
NS Pickup (CW Black) *

A bit of switching around - the almightily long batting overshadowing the fact that I've decided to rest both of the opening bowlers last time around and entrust Kears and Xavier with the new ball. Looking for Darren and Jamee to get through a good bit of bowling, with Dobson and Rai chipping in alongside obviously my quota, and a few from Sean, who's rewarded for his matchwinning fifty with a promotion. Mamesh also plays his first game in CWLand.