• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the last week of May

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll volunteer to judge the Jimmy Adams. Unless of course whoever originally thought it up wants to do it.
Ultimately up to Sean and Richard here but I'm in favor of this - it's always great to have a new addition to the team. Given that Richard already has four major awards to cover, this sounds like a good idea to me.
Prince EWS, are you interested in additionally filling the milestones vacancy?
Yep, love to.

You can email me any information I need at prince.ews at cricketmail dot net (or catch me on MSN at the same address if that floats your boat).
Great to hear, I've been pressing for you to join the team for aaaaaaaages, Rob.
You'd make an excellent judge of the Jimmy.

And as regards Akhil's words about M.U. (np10) suggesting Ramiz instead... I'm not in favour, TBH - Adams at that time was a relatively new commentator, whereas Ramiz, however much he may or may not state the obvious, has been around for ages. I think the novelty factor in the Adams case makes him a more appropriate name for the award.

oz_fan

International Regular
Congrats to all the winners. I've noticed that the standard in CC has really improved over the past few weeks with lots of interesting discussion.

I'll volunteer to judge the Jimmy Adams. Unless of course whoever originally thought it up wants to do it.
Welcome to the team:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Paul 'frog in a blender' Adams would surely take the biscuit for most bizarre cricketer of all time? There might be someone better, but the 'Frog in a blender' award sounds suitably bizarre. Nothing bizarre about old Heathy here.
HDS... we've had a chat, and the award (as well as the Jimmy) will be incorporated into the list if you are happy to accept the position as judge! :) Provided you are so, please email either myself at RJED2 at AOL dot com, or Sean (archie mac) at kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au. Sean 'ud probably be a better bet at this time of the day.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, they're splashed all over the front page TBH (and old award threads) so there's no problem there. Cheers dood.

pasag

RTDAS
I was just thinking that perhaps in the award post, the awards that certain members nominate shouldn't be displayed because then it becomes like an individual person is deciding the award for someone else as opposed to a panel. It used to be necessary because everyone had their own emails for nominations but now it's not needed anymore imo and should be done away with so the awards can be presented by the group as a whole.

Just a suggestion :)

adharcric

International Coach
Hmm, not completely sold on the advantages of the idea yet. Zac, what did you have in mind? (less apparent "bias", less accountability if your award cops it, etc)
Keep in mind that members can just check old versions to find out who is responsible for each award. In the end, it may not make much of a difference ... up to Sean. :)

Last edited: