• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of Movember

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Marc71178 - 46000 Posts
FaaipDeOiad - 11000 Posts
Barney Rubble - 6000 Posts
Matteh - 5000 Posts
FRAZ - 3000 Posts
Matt79 = 1000 Posts

No Aussie Dominance again; that is four weeks in a row, I will have to dock his pay. Well one man dominated CW this week; his name Mr Hair, can I smell a book deal?

As AD was not here I have slightly changed the Gatting/Rana award, from now on we will nominate the two best debaters, and just post the thread where the debate can be found.

And yes the thread titile was a deliberate pun this week :laugh:

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Aussie Dominance (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar and Sir Geoffrey)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any nominees for the Sobers or best debate awards please let Justin know at
rusty_492 at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Burgey for this click here Summed it up nicely, you just can’t manufacture tradition :dry:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is aussie tragic for this click here , Very interesting thread, was very surprised by the lack of posts? :unsure:

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: No award this week. Found some decent humour but nothing we thought deserved the Skull

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Anil , all over the boards this week, and not afraid to give an opinion

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Pasag click here I wanted to choose one from the final, so here it is

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Fraz click here What the? We had about a dozen Fraz posts to choose from this week! :happy:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: silentstriker, The run continues, well done SS :-O

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: abu, new poster, lets just say he has a lot of opinions

10. The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is: aussie tragic top poster, lets hope he sticks around for many more awards.

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Sanz & silentstriker click here I thought they argued well, and summed up both sides feelings nicely. I could have chosen one of the other 20 Hair threads, but I enjoyed reading this one the most :ph34r:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
****** !!!
Assalam o Alaikum ! First of all thanx to Allah ! The boys is try tooo hard , Silent Striker is gave loose post , And the Post was coming on the board and I take the play very hard and I put the post into the gaps ! We inshallah work hard in the future ! The boys are working too hard ! Thanks You !!!!!!

* Initialy censored cuz of respect

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Anil , all over the boards this week, and not afraid to give an opinion
thanks for my very first award!:)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
OMG no award again!!!.......Since this award team has had some changes, I have not been getting awards!!!

:frusty:

This is second week in a row I have not gotten an award I demand a re-count/re-check!

adharcric

International Coach
Turbinator said:
OMG no award again!!!.......Since this award team has had some changes, I have not been getting awards!!!

This is second week in a row I have not gotten an award I demand a re-count/re-check!
Well the folks in charge of the Inzy and Agarkar are still the same, so perhaps you should be complaining about Fraz taking all of your awards. :p

FRAZ

International Captain
adharcric said:
Well the folks in charge of the Inzy and Agarkar are still the same, so perhaps you should be complaining about Fraz taking all of your awards. :p
Ha Ha really!!! Ha Funny !!

R_D

International Debutant
Lillian Thomson said:
Considering the thread title currently says the Awards are for Movember, I think they should be declared invalid.:D
You must have missed the Movember thread in OT.

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:

Some might think you are worthy of an Agarkar, but I think you are better than that. Try hard and you might be able to get Afridi.

Craig

World Traveller
FRAZ said:
****** !!!
Assalam o Alaikum ! First of all thanx to Allah ! The boys is try tooo hard , Silent Striker is gave loose post , And the Post was coming on the board and I take the play very hard and I put the post into the gaps ! We inshallah work hard in the future ! The boys are working too hard ! Thanks You !!!!!!

* Initialy censored cuz of respect
That is what we call dedication.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd have given Fraz's Inzy winner the Skull tbh. It made me laugh out loud, for real.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Greatly surprised but appreciative of the Hussey and Warne Awards, however I must admit that when I saw the Warne I thought it would link to my "English can't bat" thread which had a little more Warne like controversy :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Greatly surprised but appreciative of the Hussey and Warne Awards, however I must admit that when I saw the Warne I thought it would link to my "English can't bat" thread which had a little more Warne like controversy :)
It's not much of a debate though. We know the English can't bat. :laugh: I don't think its up for debate.

Thats like saying debate: Indian's can't bowl pace.

There is not much to debate.

Hehe, it was a great thread though.

FRAZ

International Captain
archie mac said:
We had about a dozen Fraz posts to choose from this week
And I thought I was politicaly correct and on fire this week !
Which ones (outa dozen) ?Public matters ,(remember Hair's email? )

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid said:
Some might think you are worthy of an Agarkar, but I think you are better than that. Try hard and you might be able to get Afridi.
Thanks man, but thats not the thing I have gotten Warne award before and I have also gotten the Gatting/Rana award and also the Skull.......So thats not the thing, it's just that I haven't gotten an award for the second week in a row lol.