• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 21- 28 Jan.

adharcric

International Coach
Once again, all of you should be nominating any great posts you see so that this doesn't happen next time.
The last two weeks of posting have been the worst I've ever seen, but I've probably missed some threads due to lack of time.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It's been the worst two weeks because I've had exams and haven't been posting much... :p... but don't worry it'll get better by Wednesday :p :p :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pleasantly surprised with my award btw. It shows how well I procrastinated with my essay last week.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An award (an MBE to Paul Collingwood and Geraint Jones, for example) is hollow unless deserved, otherwise no award is better.
Pssht. If you're going to take away Geraint's award, you must take away Harmison's, Hoggard's, Bell's and Giles' too. Surely. Shouldn't be too hard for you though, I expect.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought the mass-gonging was a bloody stupid thing, no-one but DF, Vaughan, Connor, Flintoff and Jones deserved them IMO.

As Matthew Engel put it: "an award that fails to distinguish between the contribution to the Ashes win of Flintoff on one hand and Collingwood on the other is tainted".

And, as we've seen, in the long-term it's done far more harm than good, because we've been accused of overreacting to 2005.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just a bit of communication error from myself and Pasag, so will get the milestones done in no time. Guys just help me if you had a milestone this week by emailing me to hunterbhai @ hotmail dot com

Anyway i am back from my 8 week overseas trip, so i will commence my duties on that from this week on wards. Thank you Pasag for taking cover while i was away.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I did explain my post tbf, but it probably deserved a Greigy anyway :p

Pleased to see one I've nominated recognised also.

Well done to all.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Langeveldt for this click here , created some good discussion (I picked the winner this week)
Err..yeah, sorry about that. Its getting pretty tough to get online on the weekends. Is it alright if I mail in my awards on Fridays? BTW, that was my pick for the Warney as well.