• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
CW Open
Day 8 - Monday - Nixonstown (CWLand)

Men's Singles (Seeds - Finals - Section 1 - Section 2 - Section 3 - Section 4 - Section 5 - Section 6 - Section 7 - Section 8)
Men's Doubles (Seeds - Finals - Section 1 - Section 2 - Section 3 - Section 4)

• Second seed Daniel Páez Blanco was forced to save four fourth set points against Great Britain's Henry Charles to advance to his second Grand Slam quarterfinal of the season. The former world No. 1 dropped the first set to Charles, before taking the next two and at one stage serving for the match at 5-4 in the fourth. However the fourteenth seed managed to push the set to a tiebreaker, before bringing up set point on four separate occasions. He was unable to convert, and the Spaniard was through 4-6, 6-4, 7-5, 7-6(11). He faces seventh seed József Boros in the quarters after the Hungarian continued his great run with a 6-4, 2-6, 7-6(5), 4-6, 6-3 upset of sorts against in form eleventh seed Miroslav Brdar.
  • The third quarterfinal will see the only unseeded player after world No. 35 Oneil Stewart advanced in four sets over Australia's David Champion. The 23rd seed looked flat after his five-set affair with Zoltán Varga on Saturday, and despite taking the second set could not stop the run of the mecurial Stewart who claimed his third seeded victim 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. He faces eighth seed Rasmus Olesen who played his best match of the tournament in a straight sets thrashing of 22nd seed Almen Benaglio. Olesen, the Montréal finalist, looms as a massive threat in the bottom half, and finally found an easy win 6-3, 6-1, 6-1.

• Seeded players out:
    Almen Benaglio;
    Miroslav Brdar;
    David Champion;
    Henry Charles.
  • Fourth seeds Jefferson Drake & Martti Korpinen got exactly what the doctor ordered in a comfortable straight sets win over Serbian duo Dusko Milošević & Savo Petkoviä. Drake was understandable slow to get into the match following last night's epic performance, but Korpinen ably covered in the opening games as his quick work at the net earned the CWLanders a break of service. The misery was piled on to the Serbian team as Drake found his feet and the well-oiled Montréal finalists charged into the quarterfinals in just sixty-one minutes, 6-3, 6-2.
  • In the all-CWLand clash, Heath Davis & Jojo Mustard prevailed in straight sets over Rob Bowenburg & Jarkko Maxum. The underdogs stuck with the favourites in the first set, before the Maxum service was broken in game nine to hand Davis and Mustard their first bit of breathing room. After a 38 minute opening set, Davis and Mustard grew in confidence and their experience on the big stage proved the difference as they took the second in just 25 minutes to secure a 6-4, 6-0 win. It will be a rematch of Clowich in the quarterfinals after third seeds Sandro Bachunelli & Hicham Hadir accounted for Pickford champions Lee Inmin & Qingdong Tsai 6-3, 7-6(2).

• Seeded players out:
    Lee Inmin &
    Qingdong Tsai;
    Sergiy Malachenko &
    Alexey Yarkin.

---

In Dnepropetrovsk, Marcuss Deane begins his tournament with a battle of the big serves against sixth seeded Latvian Ivars Emsis. Eighth seed Henrikk Henrikkson of Sweden faces Randy Banks, and the winner faces either Matt Bre or Waylon Jones in the second round. CW Open qualifier David Briggs has a winnable first round clash with Italian qualifier Ciro Gigante, before a probable second round clash with top seed Atthaphol Sae-ul of Thailand.

On the clay courts of Szczecin, Suryakant Singh has received a quite generous draw; he has Spain's Rafael Fernando first up and a possible second round clash with seventh seeded Italian veteran Michael De Kinsele.

I think CWLand has more chance of taking a title out there than I do of pronouncing either of those places correctly.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think CWLand has more chance of taking a title out there than I do of pronouncing either of those places correctly.
:laugh:

Very nice to pick up a solid straights win in quick time, lord knows I needed it.

Big props to Korps, busted into my room 25 minutes before we were due to start with a bucket of ice water and 6 cans of mother. Got me cranking.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well played Mustard and Davis, hope you go on to win this thing.

Mixed feelings losing both singles and doubles against fellow countryman, I don't think I've won a match against another CW (excluding Challenger events).

Drake vs Ox was a classic match played on centre court.

I would be pretty happy to have centre court named Drake-Oxenstierna Arena.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome win by Heath and Mustard, a shame it had to be against compatriots. Hopefully we can push on from here and go all the way - it would be a bout time.

HeathDavisSpeed

In fairness to Bowenburg and Maxum, they did well to get as far as they did in their debut tournament as a pairing.

The going gets bloody tough now. This doubles lark sees you meet the same opponents much more frequently (or so it seems). Not sure if we've played Bechamel and Harrazi before, but they're going to be tough nuts to crack. At least there's no ****ty third set malarkey and it'll be a proper contest if it gets to the 3rd.

ripper868

International Coach
Well played to Davis-Mustard, disappointed to be bagled in both singles and doubles, but thats life i suppose, Looking forward to pushing on in doubles with the lob in future.

David

International 12th Man
All pretty pumped in the Korps camp, playing solidly in the doubles, Drake on his way to singles glory. Good times.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
In fairness to Bowenburg and Maxum, they did well to get as far as they did in their debut tournament as a pairing.

The going gets bloody tough now. This doubles lark sees you meet the same opponents much more frequently (or so it seems). Not sure if we've played Bechamel and Harrazi before, but they're going to be tough nuts to crack. At least there's no ****ty third set malarkey and it'll be a proper contest if it gets to the 3rd.
Yeah, the problem has been that such a huge chunk of the doubles tournaments have been Masters and Grand Slams because we missed that huge stretch between AO and FO.

I've not checked other tournaments, but Davis/Mustard did win in straight sets two weeks ago in Clowich.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Rest of Year Schedule

Week 38: Davis Cup
Week 39: Metz (Indoor Hard - 175); Bucharest (Clay - 175); Challenger (TBD)
Week 40: Bangkok (Indoor Hard - 175); Challenger (TBD)
Week 41: Tokyo (Hard - 250); Beijing (Hard - 175); Challenger (TBD)
Week 42: ATP Masters Shanghai (Indoor Hard - 500); Challenger (TBD)
Week 43: Stockholm (Indoor Hard - 225); Moscow (Indoor Hard - 250); Challenger (TBD)
Week 44: Lyon (Indoor Carpet - 225); Vienna (Indoor Hard - 250); St. Petersberg (Indoor Hard - 250); Challenger (TBD)
Week 45: Basel (Indoor Hard - 250); Valencia; (Clay - 175); Challenger (TBD)
Week 46: ATP Masters Paris (Indoor Hard - 500); Challenger (TBD)

Bear in mind, this is the amount of tournaments you have played (only top 18 count):
Oxenstierna - 19
Drake - 21
Smeltz - 21
Mustard - 21
Hancianu - 20
Davis - 19
Bowenburg - 24
Maxum - 17
Delev - 20
Daniels - 12
Korpinen - 12
Rivers - 11
Singh - 6
Bre - 7
Briggs - 3
Banks - 4
Deane - 2

And for those who have gone AWOL
Read - 12
Spleen - 11
de Wet - 16
Stakhanov - 3

For the newer guys, don't worry about trying to fill that eighteen now because it works on a 52-week system. You aren't going to make the World Tour Finals this year :p , so just do it sensibly.

For Daniels:

38:
39:
40: Bangkok
41: Beijing
42: Challenger
43:
44:
45: Basel
46: Paris

Don't need to specify doubles just yet (we can do that closer to the tournaments), and these are of course flexibile (if down the track you want to change it up, just say).

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Randy Smeltz
39 Bucharest only if I'm not picked for the Davis Cup tie in week 38
40 Bangkok if I dont play week 39, rest if I played Bucharest
42 Shanghai
45 Valencia
46 Paris

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ripper I am keen to keep up our doubles pairing and play as much possible without comprimising our singles play.

Think we should play doubles at least once before each Masters tournament, do you want to chose the first venue and I chose the last venue?

I may go in a tournament or two but just play singles in it. What do you think?

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
For Banks:

38:
39:
40: Bangkok
41: Beijing
42: Challenger
43: Stockholm
44: St Petersberg
45:
46: Paris

ripper868

International Coach
Ripper I am keen to keep up our doubles pairing and play as much possible without comprimising our singles play.

Think we should play doubles at least once before each Masters tournament, do you want to chose the first venue and I chose the last venue?

I may go in a tournament or two but just play singles in it. What do you think?
Sounds good to me mate.

HeathDavisSpeed

Week 38: Davis Cup
Week 39:
Week 40:
Week 41: Tokyo (Hard - 250);
Week 42: ATP Masters Shanghai (Indoor Hard - 500);
Week 43:
Week 44: St. Petersberg (Indoor Hard - 250);
Week 45: Basel (Indoor Hard - 250);
Week 46: ATP Masters Paris (Indoor Hard - 500);

Will go for Bangkok if I'm not involved in the [Heef] Davis Cup.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Week 38: Davis Cup (hoping to be selected for the doubles)
Week 39:
Week 40: Bangkok (Indoor Hard - 175);
Week 41: Tokyo (Hard - 250);
Week 42: ATP Masters Shanghai (Indoor Hard - 500);
Week 43:
Week 44: ; St. Petersberg (Indoor Hard - 250);
Week 45: Basel (Indoor Hard - 250);
Week 46: ATP Masters Paris (Indoor Hard - 500);

Have decided to go to the same tournaments as Davis. However, in an attempt to win a maiden tournament have added an extra tournament (Bangkok) to my schedule, where I will play singles only.